Chance of getting in

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
I'm applying now to all TX schools for the MD program. I have a 28N and 3.95 Overall GPA & 3.94 science gpa. I'm a molecular biology major, volunteer at hospital once a month and have 2 semesters of research under my belt. I'm very worried about my chances of getting in. I was hoping someone who has similar stats could let me know how they fared in their applications and whether they were accepted or interviewed (especially by TX schools). Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

021182394 said:
Hi
I'm applying now to all TX schools for the MD program. I have a 28N and 3.95 Overall GPA & 3.94 science gpa. I'm a molecular biology major, volunteer at hospital once a month and have 2 semesters of research under my belt. I'm very worried about my chances of getting in. I was hoping someone who has similar stats could let me know how they fared in their applications and whether they were accepted or interviewed (especially by TX schools). Thanks.

Shut UP!
Troll

Unlike Riceman04, I wont berate you. You have a pretty good chance of getting in....on the condition that all your other supporting stuff gets in to TMDSAS on time (Letters of rec, transcripts, applying early, etc.)

The more you wait, the more you are just screwing yourself.

Members don't see this ad :)
BaylorGuy said:
Unlike Riceman04, I wont berate you. You have a pretty good chance of getting in....on the condition that all your other supporting stuff gets in to TMDSAS on time (Letters of rec, transcripts, applying early, etc.)

The more you wait, the more you are just screwing yourself.

He's right. APPLY EARLY (get all your stuff in before August starts, so you can be processed by late Aug or early Sept). We can't say it enough.

riceman04 said:
Shut UP!
Troll

Why do you go out of your way to say this? Even if he is a troll, let him/her be. Get a life.

Apply early.....

:p

021182394 said:
Hi
Thousands have done it before you and thousands will do it after you. With a half-decent AMCAS essay, you will almost certainly get in somewhere. Be persisetnt and believe.

riceman04 said:
Shut UP!
Troll
If so, he's a troll with a unusually low MCAT.