chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

whitecoat5

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a junior at a public university. I did pretty bad my first two years in college it wasnt that i wasnt focused but more of result of a combination of being the oldest (the guinea pig) of a first generation of a family of eight going to college and a loss of a job from one of the breadwinners in the family and me having to help out. I know it is not an excuse for a 2.8 GPA, but this summer i worked really hard and retook three courses replaced them with A's (GPA went up a bit), i got a job at the hospital as a patient sitter and am waiting for six months to transefer internally as a phlebotmist. i also got a work study in a reasearch lab with a doctor at the university im at, and on top of that started BBBS. My question and sry about rambling is if i can have some input about if i might have a chance into getting into medical school or not. It is what ive always wanted to do. I know it in my heart. I am now stable and next semester i am taking 16 credits and keeping all three things going (research job, BBBS, Job at hospital) im sure i can handle it for the remainder of my undergrad and get a good GPA the remainder of it. Do i stand a chance with such a horrible GPA after 2 years? INPUT please im pretty stressed.