chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whitecoat5

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a junior at a public university. I did pretty bad my first two years in college it wasnt that i wasnt focused but more of result of a combination of being the oldest (the guinea pig) of a first generation of a family of eight going to college and a loss of a job from one of the breadwinners in the family and me having to help out. I know it is not an excuse for a 2.8 GPA, but this summer i worked really hard and retook three courses replaced them with A's (GPA went up a bit), i got a job at the hospital as a patient sitter and am waiting for six months to transefer internally as a phlebotmist. i also got a work study in a reasearch lab with a doctor at the university im at, and on top of that started BBBS. My question and sry about rambling is if i can have some input about if i might have a chance into getting into medical school or not. It is what ive always wanted to do. I know it in my heart. I am now stable and next semester i am taking 16 credits and keeping all three things going (research job, BBBS, Job at hospital) im sure i can handle it for the remainder of my undergrad and get a good GPA the remainder of it. Do i stand a chance with such a horrible GPA after 2 years? INPUT please im pretty stressed.

Members don't see this ad.