Chances and final decision advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thatguyinschool

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone I just graduated college and received a bachelors of science in biology
Been intending on applying to podiatry school for a while now, have a real story of why I want to do it, so that can be a big plus in my personal statement and wanted to see if you guys think I can get in. While I understand my gpa is on the lower side the last 26 credits have been higher level science courses (immuno, orgo, genetics, etc.) and was able to average about a 3.5 gpa for them, also received deans list for the last two semesters straight. If I did the math correctly cGPA is 2.9 accounting for all two Fs. SGPA 2.67 overall upward trend. MCAT has not been taken yet. Wanted to know what you guys think, really would love to attend NYCPM as it is a local school and can save a lot of debt. I still have to take the MCAT, and shadow a podiatrist. Putting that aside, do you think I have a chance? Thanks everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

You will have to improve the GPA discrepancies by scoring high on the MCAT (at least 500) to show NYCPM that you can handle the curriculum.
We can advise better once we know your MCAT score, so I suggest focusing on that exam for now and killing it. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user