Chances and Petition DO grade replacement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nat240

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys so I feel my chances are very low for this cycle because of grade replacement. If Im correct grade replacement is where a class retaken once or twice can be replaced with the new highest score and the other grades are not counted in the gpa at all. Neither the credit for the course or the grade points. I hope that's correct. My gpa was supposed to be 3.3 with grade replacement and I was ready to try my luck for the first time in the 2017 cycle. I found out yesterday while reading an sdn post that grade replacement is gone. Without it my gpa is around 2.7. I havent calculated what my gpa would be after I graduate as I am a Junior and still have at least 3 semesters left (including current one) with maybe a summer semester in between but I have a feeling I need to wait until 2018 cycle. The only exception would be if schools decided to not include this policy and allow for grade replacement individually in their institutions. As this policy has affected many premeds who retook many classes for the sole purpose of grade replacement I think that sdners and premeds should try to petition this policy at least for this upcoming cycle until the 2018 cycle because this decision was made and notified to everyone only last month or so. This is deterimental to premeds like me whose gpa is greatly affected and meant to apply this 2017 cycle. No preparation was given in advance and this came as a shock. So I think it would be great if premeds and sdner's and anyone else could send emails to [email protected] and petition that the policy be removed from AACOMAS.

Members don't see this ad.

You missed the party bro, you're beating a dead horse. What's done is done

Reactions: 1 user
You need to raise your cGPA and sGPA above 3.0 to have a chance for a DO admission. You also need a MCAT score over 500 minimum and preferably 505. Wait until 2018 to apply.