Chances at DO schools only

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FCbarcelona2013

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got my second MCAT scores back and got a 28Q (10P 9V 9B) after first getting a 23Q (8P 6V 9B). I realize my scores are not that competitive nowadays for DO schools but I have a 3.72 cGPA and 3.56 sGPA which I feel are pretty decent. I have an upward trend in GPA with a 3.92 and 3.86 in my last 2 semesters. These are my EC's

-Vice President of Tri-Beta Biology Honors society at my university
-Volunteer Patient Transporter for the Cardiology department at my local Hospital
-Volunteer Pianist at that same hospital
-Shadowed Pain Management DO and volunteered at his clinic for a total of over 400 hours. ----Shadowed MD residents in Emergency Medicine for 50 hours
-Witnessed a DO interventional cardiologist perform an angioplasty
-Volunteer Soccer Camp Coach for underprivileged youth
-Played Division II Soccer for my University for 2 years (Won a final 4 ring)
-All GLVC-Academic all conference

Was just wondering what my chances are for DO schools. Im really hoping to get into CCOM since I am an Illinois resident. This is my list of schools:

-A.T. Still KCOM
-A.T. Still AZ
-Midwestern CCOM
-Midwestern AZCOM
-LECOM Bradenton
-LECOM Erie Campus
-Marian University COM
-Nova Southeastern FL
-PCOM
-RVUCOM
-U of Pikeville COM

What do you guys think are my chances. My file will be complete for all of these schools next week.

Members don't see this ad.

your stats are good for DO programs, iffy about CCOM, but that's just how it is. Where'd you play ball, if you don't mind me asking.

Thanks for the input, I played at Lewis University (30 min outside of Chicago)

Members don't see this ad :)
lol we played you that year when you won the ring. I played at NKU

If I were you, I would apply to SIU's MD program and maybe even Rush and RFU.

Last edited:
Check out my mdapps. Got acceptances from two top DO schools and interviews everywhere I applied with almost identical scores including the first mcat. You are competitive everywhere that doesn't have a regional bias.

consider applying MD too. you can probably afford to be very selective for DO. I would sub some of those DO schools for schools like DMU for example.

Quit fussing; you're fine for all of those schools and more.

Got my second MCAT scores back and got a 28Q (10P 9V 9B) after first getting a 23Q (8P 6V 9B). I realize my scores are not that competitive nowadays for DO schools but I have a 3.72 cGPA and 3.56 sGPA which I feel are pretty decent. I have an upward trend in GPA with a 3.92 and 3.86 in my last 2 semesters. These are my EC's

-Vice President of Tri-Beta Biology Honors society at my university
-Volunteer Patient Transporter for the Cardiology department at my local Hospital
-Volunteer Pianist at that same hospital
-Shadowed Pain Management DO and volunteered at his clinic for a total of over 400 hours. ----Shadowed MD residents in Emergency Medicine for 50 hours
-Witnessed a DO interventional cardiologist perform an angioplasty
-Volunteer Soccer Camp Coach for underprivileged youth
-Played Division II Soccer for my University for 2 years (Won a final 4 ring)
-All GLVC-Academic all conference

Was just wondering what my chances are for DO schools. Im really hoping to get into CCOM since I am an Illinois resident. This is my list of schools:

-A.T. Still KCOM
-A.T. Still AZ
-Midwestern CCOM
-Midwestern AZCOM
-LECOM Bradenton
-LECOM Erie Campus
-Marian University COM
-Nova Southeastern FL
-PCOM
-RVUCOM
-U of Pikeville COM

What do you guys think are my chances. My file will be complete for all of these schools next week.