Chances at SGU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

giants4157

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i just wanted to see my chances at SGU, i got to a top 10 stat university and have a 3.1 gpa and a 2.95 science gpa: my major was Neurobiology, My MCAT Score is a 31. Also im looking to apply for both august 2009 and Janurary 2010 i graduate in june 2009. When is an early time for both august and janurary to have your application in?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys i just wanted to see my chances at SGU, i got to a top 10 stat university and have a 3.1 gpa and a 2.95 science gpa: my major was Neurobiology, My MCAT Score is a 31. Also im looking to apply for both august 2009 and Janurary 2010 i graduate in june 2009. When is an early time for both august and janurary to have your application in?

apply early, and you should be fine

Take a special masters program at Georgetown, get a 3.7 or greater, and spare yourself the Caribbean.. With that MCAT score, that is what I would do..But, you'll get into SGU with that score...They told me to get a 27 MCAT & I would be in, later I turned them down and went elsewhere

Take a special masters program at Georgetown, get a 3.7 or greater, and spare yourself the Caribbean.. With that MCAT score, that is what I would do..But, you'll get into SGU with that score...They told me to get a 27 MCAT & I would be in, later I turned them down and went elsewhere
i had a 3.1 gpa and 3.4 science with 32 mcat. i applied 3 years in the US doing research , more graduate level classes (they were med school classes) but my undergrad gpa always was a hinderance. I think for the OP, apply in Sept/Oct 2008 for the Aug 2009 class and that should be good enough.