chances at these schools? (2018-2019 cycle)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

littleteeth

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I finally made a list of schools that I am interesting in applying to! I am a senior and will be taking a gap year. My overall GPA is a 3.64 and my science GPA is a 3.58. I have 50 hrs shadowing and will have about 100 hrs shadowing at the end of winter break (I have shadowed at both a private practice and a community health clinic). I have ~40 hrs of volunteering (dental education w/ children at a monthly free clinic). I have done scientific research since my first year of college and just presented at a research conference last week. At my college, I was a first-year mentor and am president of the Pre-Dental Society. I took my DAT in Oct 2017 and I scored a 21 AA, 21 TS, and 20 PAT.

List of schools:

Univ of Florida (top choice, I'm a Florida resident)
Univ of Michigan
U Penn
Temple Univ
Case Western (attended SMDEP here summer after sophomore year)
Nova Southeastern
USC Herman Ostrow
Univ of the Pacific
Univ of Detroit
Tufts
BU
NYU
Rutgers
UCSF
Western Univ
Stony Brook
Univ of Pittsburgh

Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

If you apply early I think you have good shots at UF, Michigan, Temple, Case, NSU, UDM, Tufts, BU, NYU, Rutgers, Western

Pitt, Penn, UOP, Stony Brook, UCSF are more reaches

Reactions: 1 user
My biggest regret was applying for USC as its hella expensive and all the stories I heard about how bad it is. Save you’re money, you have a good chance of getting into dental school. Get your shadowing hours up.

Reactions: 1 users
Take Stony Brook off that list since you're not a NY resident.