MD Chances at Top 20's? CA, 512, 3.72/3.73

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

djsbaseball2014

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I am trying to gauge which other top 20's i should add to my list considering that the numbers went up for a few of my target schools and they turned into reaches. I want to keep my list at 20-25 schools and around 5-6 reaches so any input helps!

Male, 21, CA, Mexican, attend a UC, 4th year Neuroscience Major
cGPA:3.71 (projected: i had a very strong upward trend=2 years of 3.92-4.0)
sGPA: 3.73
MCAT: 512 (130/125/130/127)
Substantial life experience in that i was born premature, have a hypoplastic lung, had an infection in the other lung and some how made it out lol more to it but theres a good reason for why medicine!
EC's:
  • President of schools cooking club, host food demos and got funding of $20,000 from head of UC system to address food insecurity on campus and community. We also collaborate with other orgs and do PB&J drives fro homeless around the area (2 years)
  • Member of neuroscience program that teaches elementary and high school students about the brain (1 year)
  • Private tutor for high school students, paid work experience (4 years)
  • Medical Scholars Program Tutor, organic chemistry (1 year)
  • Mentored at my old high school, gave talks about college, tutored STEM and AP classes (2 years)
  • EMT-B certified
  • 50 hours shadowing (ENT, Anesthesia, OBGYN) will get about 20 more hrs of primary care shadowing
  • about 150 hours volunteering at local hospital
  • 3 months at free health clinic (30-40 hours)
  • 2 years psychology research with a poster presentation that won first place at school research symposium, potential 2nd author in school journal (Great LOR)
  • 1 year neuroscience research with prof who taught me, potential poster/author on paper(Great LOR)
Gap year (potential plans): substitute teach (for money), continue tutoring, position as a lab tech at Loma Linda Hospital (paid research) with poster presentation at the end

School List:
UCR
University of Arizona
Wake Forest
Loyola Stritch
UC Davis
Virginia Commonwealth
Oregon Health and Science
Indiana University
Creighton
Temple
Drexel