Chances at top schools

Started by bmclinn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bmclinn

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'll be applying ED to Kentucky, pending that I'll apply to UT-Austin, UT-Memphis, Purdue, butler, UofI-Chicago, and a few others.

B.S. in Nutrition Science, minor in Bio

GPA: 3.17, past 4 semesters above a 3.5.

PCAT: 88, one try

Related Experience: 8 hours shadowing (4 retail, 4 compounding)

Extracurriculars: ~100 hours volunteering (not-health related), leadership position in my organization, very comfortable in interviews

LoRs: 2 good, 1 decent all from professors with Doctorates
 
8 hours of shadowing? I don't know why that looks bad to me... If I were you, I would try to get more pharmacy experience since your GPA is kind of low (a good GPA for a top school is 3.5+)
 
8 hours of shadowing? I don't know why that looks bad to me... If I were you, I would try to get more pharmacy experience since your GPA is kind of low (a good GPA for a top school is 3.5+)

I'm actually working on this currently. All of the retail chains aren't very receptive though.
 
Update: found a pharmacist to shadow at an independent pharmacy next week. Still trying to find hospital experience though