Chances for a Canadian Student?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sdhami

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I am going to submit my optometry application to a couple American schools in the next week or so and was wondering if I have a competitive chance. I have a cGPA of 3.48 and an OAT score of TS - 370 and AA - 360. I have some experience job shadowing a couple optometrists, a bunch of lab experience (completing a thesis right now), and I am also involved in a couple of clubs (including pre-optometry) at my current University. I am planning on applying to NECO, ICO, SUNY, PCO, and Waterloo (Canada). Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)!

Members don't see this ad.

You definitely do! - you've got a strong GPA and great OAT scores. I'm a Canadian student with a 3.6 GPA and 360 OAT score and applied to SUNY, ICO, NECO, PCO and SCCO - I was invited to interview at all of the schools. I just had my interview at SUNY, ICO and PCO, am declining the others and was accepted to all 3 schools I interviewed at.

Last edited:
You definitely do! - you've got a strong GPA and great OAT scores. I'm a Canadian student with a 3.6 GPA and 360 OAT score and applied to SUNY, ICO, NECO, PCO and SCCO - I was invited to interview at all of the schools. I just had my interview at SUNY, ICO and PCO, am declining the others and was accepted to all 3 schools I interviewed at.

Did you apply to Waterloo?