Chances For Dental School Interviews??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tp28

Reaction score
I’m applying to dental schools this cycle and am wondering if I have a chance of getting interviews at decent schools. My stats are-
19AA
Bio- 21
Orgo- 20
Chem- 19
TS- 20
PAT- 18
GPA- 3.73 ( Graduated in 3 years )
sGPA- 3.52
Decent amount of shadowing and ECs with great rec letters from close professors and a family friend dentist.
Hopefully I can get some interviews!!

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, I think you have a decent shot! Apply broadly, especially to private schools (make sure you can afford them) and network! Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks!! I’m stressing out a little haha

No reason to stress out at all. Life only gets more stressful from here on out, just learn to love and enjoy the process! At the moment it is difficult, but remember ~5,000 students matriculate into dental school and if they can do it then you can do it. Believe in yourself! That is my biggest piece of advice to you as a pre-dent.

No reason to stress out at all. Life only gets more stressful from here on out, just learn to love and enjoy the process! At the moment it is difficult, but remember ~5,000 students matriculate into dental school and if they can do it then you can do it. Believe in yourself! That is my biggest piece of advice to you as a pre-dent.
Is 20-25 schools too much? What is your opinion on how many schools to apply to?

Is 20-25 schools too much? What is your opinion on how many schools to apply to?

I would go no more than 15 if I were you. Get the ADEA explorer for $25 and narrow that list down. Make sure you apply to private schools or schools with a higher amount of seats/decent OOS interviews (just realize they ARE more expensive from a tuition standpoint) so pick wisely.

Reactions: 1 user