Chances for DO school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ElJamo17

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You do not need to retake the MCAT since 510 is at or above the median for all DO schools. If you increase your GPA to 3.25 you could receive interviews at these DO schools so apply to all of them:
ACOM
ARCOM
BCOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
MU-COM
WVSOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
UIWSOM
NYIT-Arkansas
RVU-Utah
LECOM (both schools)
Where is your state of residence? You may have a chance at your state public schools depending on your residence.

Please for the sake of my sanity do not retake your MCAT. A 510 is far above the DO mean. If you do well in those classes you are currently taking and pull the GPA up to 3.25 I would apply broadly and you will do just fine. A 3.25/3.25/510 will get your app looked at by most DO schools in the country, yes even the established ones. Now which specific ones will give you a shot is trickier to determine hence the broad application.

Members don't see this ad :)
You do not need to retake the MCAT since 510 is at or above the median for all DO schools. If you increase your GPA to 3.25 you could receive interviews at these DO schools so apply to all of them:
ACOM
ARCOM
BCOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
MU-COM
WVSOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
UIWSOM
NYIT-Arkansas
RVU-Utah
LECOM (both schools)
Where is your state of residence? You may have a chance at your state public schools depending on your residence.
ACOM
ARCOM
BCOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
MU-COM
WVSOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
UIWSOM
NYIT-Arkansas
RVU-Utah
LECOM (both schools)

---

Thanks, FAHA.

I live in XYZ

Last edited: