DO Chances for DO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

3.8 cGPA 3.7 sGPA
504 MCAT
6 years in research
3 years working as EMT
3 years volunteering at local hospital (500+ hours)
Tutor/ TA for Bio/Biochem/Orgo
President of 2 students clubs
Shadowed 4 MDs/DOs

However, I have an ACV from freshman year that is on my record.

With all of this information, what are my chances of acceptance into DO schools?

Members don't see this ad.

You are competitive for most DO schools so apply to at least 10 and you should receive several interviews. Where is your state of residence?

Reactions: 1 users
Depending on your state of residence you may be competitive for a state MD school

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m from New York
You could receive interviews at some MD schools with your stats so I suggest these:
All 4 SUNY's
Albany
New York Medical College
Quinnipiac
Vermont
Oakland Beaumont
Rosalind Franklin
NOVA MD
any new schools that may open for 2019 (Seton Hall, Roseman, Kaiser)

I’m surprised since I know my mcat is low for MD, and also due to my academic code violation from freshman year. I was considering retaking my mcat to make myself more competitive. However, I’m not sure I will be able to get a much higher score. Most likely I will get 3-5 points higher. Do you think that would make much of a difference?

I’m surprised since I know my mcat is low for MD, and also due to my academic code violation from freshman year. I was considering retaking my mcat to make myself more competitive. However, I’m not sure I will be able to get a much higher score. Most likely I will get 3-5 points higher. Do you think that would make much of a difference?
yes

If it's only 3-5 points higher, it probably won't make much of a difference.

3.8 cGPA 3.7 sGPA
504 MCAT
6 years in research
3 years working as EMT
3 years volunteering at local hospital (500+ hours)
Tutor/ TA for Bio/Biochem/Orgo
President of 2 students clubs
Shadowed 4 MDs/DOs

However, I have an ACV from freshman year that is on my record.

With all of this information, what are my chances of acceptance into DO schools?
What is the violation????

Reactions: 1 users
What is the violation????
I re-submitted an altered exam for a re-grade, received a 0 on the exam, and a B- in a course during my freshman year. Since then, I've spoken about it with the professor, and presented my experience to other pre-medical students at my university through a student group. I've also written/journaled extensively about the situation, my motivations for cheating, and tried to sort through myself to figure out why I did cheat and what it may mean about my character, my future, and my path in life. Although it has only been 3 years since the incident, I have grown a tremendous amount from who I was back then. However, I'm not sure if it will take more time between the incident and applying to DO schools to show that in any tangible way to the people who are reviewing my application.

I re-submitted an altered exam for a re-grade, received a 0 on the exam, and a B- in a course during my freshman year. Since then, I've spoken about it with the professor, and presented my experience to other pre-medical students at my university through a student group. I've also written/journaled extensively about the situation, my motivations for cheating, and tried to sort through myself to figure out why I did cheat and what it may mean about my character, my future, and my path in life. Although it has only been 3 years since the incident, I have grown a tremendous amount from who I was back then. However, I'm not sure if it will take more time between the incident and applying to DO schools to show that in any tangible way to the people who are reviewing my application.

I think most people have cheated at least once in their life- from elementary to college and beyond. I think having the courage to talk about it and address says a lot about you-- because frankly it is an embarrassing and humiliating experience ( I'm assuming) esp when caught. You should shoot as far as you can and come interview time you can show them how much your character has evolved. But go DO if that is the route you desire!

I can't sugarcoat this, you'd be dead on arrival at my school for the cheating incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.