Chances for getting into a good path residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shmc52

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am new here. I am a 3rd yr AMG US medcial student. I have a step 1 score of 212..and have satisfactory pass in my core slcerkship of surgery and pediatrics. I was wondering what my chances are to get in and what I can do to increase my chances of getting into a good path residency,

another question I had was good places to do away rotations in pathology?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I am new here. I am a 3rd yr AMG US medcial student. I have a step 1 score of 212..and have satisfactory pass in my core slcerkship of surgery and pediatrics. I was wondering what my chances are to get in and what I can do to increase my chances of getting into a good path residency,

another question I had was good places to do away rotations in pathology?

Seriously people, pathology is not hard to get into esp if you are an American grad and have shown interest in the field. You can get into a good residency with those stats.

Seriously people, pathology is not hard to get into esp if you are an American grad and have shown interest in the field. You can get into a good residency with those stats.

Second that. Path is the least competitive residency after family practice. I have seen many obscure d.o. Residents as well as FMGS AT ELITE residenicies. That is hardly the case in elite competitive residencies such as ent, rads, derma, oath etc...

I'm pretty good at oaths but didn't do a dedicated residency in it. Well, not exactly, anyway.

There's other threads addressing this subect, including recently.