This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

na1433

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all!

I am a re-applicant this coming cycle and I wondered if you could give me an assessment of my chances for getting into an MD school and which schools you would recommend I shoot for.
I will graduate with my MS in Biotechnology in an intensive 1 year program made of many pre-meds like me which covers laboratory techniques, medical ethics, Biochem, Genomics, Pharmacology, Functional Tissue, Cell Biology and more. I have a 3.9 GPA currently which should stay the same. I graduated from undergrad with a 3.16 GPA due to my first two years of college struggling with my science classes , but I have a ton of extracurriculars, including a four year job at an Administrative position, various internships. I have a BA in English with minor in Chemistry. I have 249 clinical hours (which is going to increase due to my new job as a scribe) from volunteering at a hospital and shadowing two physicians (neurologists), around 450-500 hours of volunteer hours with my charity work. I also have four years of experience in research, with two abstracts published and a paper in development. I am currently looking for work in academic research after the completion of my degree. I have a 505 MCAT after taking it 3 times, which I don't intend to take again. But my score has increased by a large amount with each attempt.
Please let me know what you think of my chances to get into an MD school, it is my ultimate goal to get into allopathic school and in the future work in clinical research as a physician.

Members don't see this ad.

I suggest applying broadly to DO schools and include all these:
ACOM
ARCOM
BCOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
LUCOM
UIWSOM
CUSOM