1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Chances for someone late?

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by VCMaude, Jul 28, 2011.

1. VCMaude

Pre-Medical
    Could anyone provide insight as to what my chances are for getting into a school late in the cycle? By the time I write my personal statement and my transcripts get to AACOMAS, it will be September, so I will likely not be "complete" at each school until late October.

-taking the MCAT 8/5, sorry to have only an approximation, but I'm predicting a 28-31 based on practice.
    -AACOMAS sGPA 3.59, cGPA 3.50
    -1 year full-time research experience, under an NP for the most part
    -1 1/2 years full-time AmeriCorp volunteer at community health center (where I also shadowed an MD and a PA for a few months each, but only one day a week so I don't think this is that significant)
    -plans to start shadowing a DO soon and to take biochemistry
    LOR's from o-chem professor, CEO of community health center, and MD. Could possibly get a DO letter from who I will be shadowing.

Looking to apply to:

Western/COMP
    ATSU/SOMA
    PCOM
    NYCOM

Thank you for your input everyone!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Total180

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I think you definitely have a shot with your gpa and your projected MCAT. I applied in October-November, and got several interviews. DO schools generally have a longer time frame for what is considered "early". What is your state of residence? I know PCOM is slightly regionally biased, as well as NYCOM, but I think if you get towards the upper end of your projected MCAT you would definitely be competitive for any DO school in the country.