Chances for this cycle 498 MCAT please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

boofulmd95

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I would really like to know my chances of getting in this cycle. I will be applying to DO schools only this cycle. My stats are the following:
cGPA: 3.65
sGPA: 3.5
MCAT: 498
I am a NYC resident. I have significant hours clinical and research experience. I also have many hours of shadowing a neurologist. I am not underserved in medicine but considered economically disadvantaged.
I am going to retake the MCAT on 9/28 this year and will most likely get a 510 or higher. Please let me know you very honest opinion of what my chances are for getting in this cycle? Would a late September MCAT affect my chances for this cycle, despite a higher MCAT score?
Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

When are you planning to submit your application? Schools will evaluate your application based on your current score of 498. You could wait until your new score is available and apply then. A mid October application is not late for DO schools. You would also be able to more realistically choose schools to apply to based on your new score.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello,

I would really like to know my chances of getting in this cycle. I will be applying to DO schools only this cycle. My stats are the following:
cGPA: 3.65
sGPA: 3.5
MCAT: 498
I am a NYC resident. I have significant hours clinical and research experience. I also have many hours of shadowing a neurologist. I am not underserved in medicine but considered economically disadvantaged.
I am going to retake the MCAT on 9/28 this year and will most likely get a 510 or higher. Please let me know you very honest opinion of what my chances are for getting in this cycle? Would a late September MCAT affect my chances for this cycle, despite a higher MCAT score?
Thank you.
With a 498, I can't recommend applying EXCEPT to a throwaway school to get verified.

will most likely get a 510 or higher.
And you know this how?

A late Sept MCAT shouldn't hurt in this age of COVID. Make sure to have DO schools on your list