boofulmd95

2+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2018
Hello,

I would really like to know my chances of getting in this cycle. I will be applying to DO schools only this cycle. My stats are the following:
cGPA: 3.65
sGPA: 3.5
MCAT: 498
I am a NYC resident. I have significant hours clinical and research experience. I also have many hours of shadowing a neurologist. I am not underserved in medicine but considered economically disadvantaged.
I am going to retake the MCAT on 9/28 this year and will most likely get a 510 or higher. Please let me know you very honest opinion of what my chances are for getting in this cycle? Would a late September MCAT affect my chances for this cycle, despite a higher MCAT score?
Thank you.

Faha

7+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
When are you planning to submit your application? Schools will evaluate your application based on your current score of 498. You could wait until your new score is available and apply then. A mid October application is not late for DO schools. You would also be able to more realistically choose schools to apply to based on your new score.

Reactions: 1 user

Goro

SDN Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Hello,

I would really like to know my chances of getting in this cycle. I will be applying to DO schools only this cycle. My stats are the following:
cGPA: 3.65
sGPA: 3.5
MCAT: 498
I am a NYC resident. I have significant hours clinical and research experience. I also have many hours of shadowing a neurologist. I am not underserved in medicine but considered economically disadvantaged.
I am going to retake the MCAT on 9/28 this year and will most likely get a 510 or higher. Please let me know you very honest opinion of what my chances are for getting in this cycle? Would a late September MCAT affect my chances for this cycle, despite a higher MCAT score?
Thank you.
With a 498, I can't recommend applying EXCEPT to a throwaway school to get verified.

will most likely get a 510 or higher.
And you know this how?

A late Sept MCAT shouldn't hurt in this age of COVID. Make sure to have DO schools on your list

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.