Chances for UNC Admission?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chaphill123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Based on any previous experience, what are my chances for UNC? Both my AADSAS and Supplemental were submitted Oct 4th. I submitted my application late and only applied to UNC so I can remain close to home (for personal reasons I explained in my personal statement). I currently attend UNC for undergrad and have a 3.7 overall GPA, 3.5 science GPA. My DAT scores are 24AA 23TS 21PAT, and I have over 1,000 community service hours, ~100 shadowing hours, and strong extracurriculars. What are my chances of getting an interview when applying this late?

Members don't see this ad.

GTHC :D

You would make a pretty competitive candidate, although it is pretty late in the app cycle (I think deadline is 11/1?), so your chances are lower than they were say in June or July. There's no harm in applying now though.

GTHC :D

You would make a pretty competitive candidate, although it is pretty late in the app cycle (I think deadline is 11/1?), so your chances are lower than they were say in June or July. There's no harm in applying now though.

Are my chances significantly lower? I've heard a lot of different statistics about how the rolling admissions work for UNC

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure now UNC accepts their students, either trying to fill the class 100% by 12/1 or slowly rolling. You'd probably be better off asking an actual UNC dental student that question.

I would say you applied considerably late compared to most applicants. If you don't get an interview pre-December there is always post December. Side note I realize UNC is a great dental school since I go there for undergrad as well, but remember not limit your options to only to UNC! Obviously it is cheap and close to home, however at the end of the day you'll be a dentist wherever you go.