Chances Non US IMG.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cyanide12345678

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is a question for my wife who is applying for FM. Here are her stats.

IMG graduate from across the world. 2016 graduation year.
Green card holder.
237 both step 1 and step 2.
3 US LORs for her 3 observerships in the US.
Very strong personal statement (in my biased opinion)
0 research experience.

We applied to 134 IMG friendly programs because she's an IMG. Do you guys think we should add more? The only issue is that every program we've applied to so far has atleast 50% IMGs, if we apply to more, we'd be applying to programs less than 50% IMGs (and most of those IMGs are carribean IMGs who do their clinical rotations in the US, which is viewed differently than a "pure" IMG). Suggestions on adding more programs?

Members don't see this ad.

This is a question for my wife who is applying for FM. Here are her stats.

IMG graduate from across the world. 2016 graduation year.
Green card holder.
237 both step 1 and step 2.
3 US LORs for her 3 observerships in the US.
Very strong personal statement (in my biased opinion)
0 research experience.

We applied to 134 IMG friendly programs because she's an IMG. Do you guys think we should add more? The only issue is that every program we've applied to so far has atleast 50% IMGs, if we apply to more, we'd be applying to programs less than 50% IMGs (and most of those IMGs are carribean IMGs who do their clinical rotations in the US, which is viewed differently than a "pure" IMG). Suggestions on adding more programs?

The green card is a leg up on us IMGs (Caribbean or otherwise) needing visa sponsorship.

Green card holders are still being categorized as "non US" IMGs, the match data for those guys is pretty dismal.