Chances of Acceptance

Started by Baseball2
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Baseball2

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all. I'm a little worried about my chances of getting into a school and was looking for a little insight. I did not score great on the verbal section of the GRE and I do not have a lot of observation hours due to playing college baseball year round. Here are my stats. Please let me know what you think. Thanks!

University: Olivet Nazarene University
Major: Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.76
Pre-Req GPA: 3.6
GRE: 159 Q, 148 V, 4.0 AW

Volunteer: 70 hours (Geriatric inpatient, hospital outpatient, orthopedics, and pediatrics)

Extra-Curric: 4 year varsity athlete, All-Conference academic, All-American academic, Dean's list every semester, Exercise Science Club, missions trip to Puerto Rico

Recommendation Letters: 3 Letters: 1- Undergraduate prof, 1- PT from hospital outpatient, 1- employer

Applying to: UW-Madison, UW-LaCrosse, South Carolina, Rosalind Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, St. Ambrose
 
I'm not sure about the specific schools you applied to, but I believe you're competitive in general.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all. I'm a little worried about my chances of getting into a school and was looking for a little insight. I did not score great on the verbal section of the GRE and I do not have a lot of observation hours due to playing college baseball year round. Here are my stats. Please let me know what you think. Thanks!

University: Olivet Nazarene University
Major: Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.76
Pre-Req GPA: 3.6
GRE: 159 Q, 148 V, 4.0 AW

Volunteer: 70 hours (Geriatric inpatient, hospital outpatient, orthopedics, and pediatrics)

Extra-Curric: 4 year varsity athlete, All-Conference academic, All-American academic, Dean's list every semester, Exercise Science Club, missions trip to Puerto Rico

Recommendation Letters: 3 Letters: 1- Undergraduate prof, 1- PT from hospital outpatient, 1- employer

Applying to: UW-Madison, UW-LaCrosse, South Carolina, Rosalind Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, St. Ambrose

My husband tried to apply to U of SC last year with a 149 Q GRE score, but could not complete the application since his score did not meet their threshold. I don't know if they still have this rule, but you had to have a minimum of 300 combined with at least 150 V and 150 Q.
 
My husband tried to apply to U of SC last year with a 149 Q GRE score, but could not complete the application since his score did not meet their threshold. I don't know if they still have this rule, but you had to have a minimum of 300 combined with at least 150 V and 150 Q.
Thank you for pointing that out! However I just checked and it must have changed because now it says minimum of 300 combined with neither score under 145.