Chances of getting in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emzz

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm just going to post my stats.

LOR: 2 PT, 1 Chem professor
Hours: 249 outpatient hospital volunteer, 45 inpatient hospital volunteer, 2000+ paid PT aide
Extracurricular: mission trip to Alaska to help disadvantage communities

GRE: 151V, 151Q, 4.5 essay (2nd time)
All numbers from PTCAS:
Cum undergrad: 3.36
Post-bacc: 3.27
Overall : 3.34

PRE REQ
Still have 4 classes in progress. One is a retake, which I did not include in the calculations below.

Chapman: 3.15
Western: 3.09
MSMU: 3.34
U of Pacific: 3.29
U of Washington: 3.23

Basically I have retaken every 3 unit class at this point besides the stat class, which I will be taking next semester. I have one C in the second half of chem (got a letter of rec from this guy so hopefully that helps the grade look okay). The rest are B's.

Members don't see this ad.

You are certainly at a disadvantage. Your GRE is quite literally average and your GPA is below average. You do have a strong AW, though. Overall, it is going to take a great interview or people above you declining the schools you applied to. I do not want to seem harsh, but that is the reality. Your GPA is very uncompetitive and hurts you. GRE is fine, though not great. Bring that GPA up!

I think the good news is that you meet the minimums for cGPA, pGPA, and the GRE. Honestly, if you apply to a lot (~10) schools with stats similar to yours and/or have a compelling story, you will be able to get an interview somewhere. If you want to make yourself more competitive, then I'd agree that bringing your GPA up would help significantly (and possibly taking the GRE for a third time and shooting for a 310+).

Members don't see this ad :)
I think the good news is that you meet the minimums for cGPA, pGPA, and the GRE. Honestly, if you apply to a lot (~10) schools with stats similar to yours and/or have a compelling story, you will be able to get an interview somewhere. If you want to make yourself more competitive, then I'd agree that bringing your GPA up would help significantly (and possibly taking the GRE for a third time and shooting for a 310+).

hey man! this may sound weird but I think I met you at the MSJ interview lol

Hi, I am going to be applying to Columbia, Stony Brook, Touro, NYMC, NYIT, NYU, U of Scranton, U of Miami, U of Maryland-Eastern Shore and Lebanon Valley College. I have a 3.65 overall GPA, and about a 3.60 Pre-Req GPA. I will be racking up my observation hours this summer in 2 in-patient settings and an outpatient setting. I am apart of 2 honor societies, have held a part-time job for 5 years now, volunteered at places around my school and did intramural sports. I am taking my GRE this summer before I apply, so I am hoping for a high score to make my resume better. I am wondering what my chances are for the schools I listed above or any chance at all of getting accepted to PT school. Thank you!!