chances of getting into one of the new DO schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dtran3209

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm sure a lot of you are in the same boat working through the summer on MCAT stuff while everybody else is going to the beach!

I was just wondering what my chances are of getting into a few schools, including 2 of the new ones: Marian DO school in Indy or Campbell DO school in NC are with my stats. They aren't my first choice since I'm from PA I would love to get into LECOM or PCOM, but realistically I would go anywhere

cGPA: 3.63
sGPA: 3.50
MCAT: Taking July 6th
*scoring in low to mid 20's on practice tests
*physical science kills me :(

decent extracurricular: (hurricane relief vol. in MS, work as an EMT, NCAA DIII athlete (XC), orgo lab TA, honors program, NPR essayist, service learning teaching (science) project at local elementary school, annual science competition judge, and a couple other miss. volunteer things)

I go to a catholic undergrad institute, and I was reading how Marian is an affiliated catholic institute as well, does this give me an in or no?

If any of the mods feel like this should go into the "Official Underdog" thread by all means please move it!

Members don't see this ad.

get a 27-28, and you open a lot more doors for yourself.

Hey guys, I'm sure a lot of you are in the same boat working through the summer on MCAT stuff while everybody else is going to the beach!

I was just wondering what my chances are of getting into a few schools, including 2 of the new ones: Marian DO school in Indy or Campbell DO school in NC are with my stats. They aren't my first choice since I'm from PA I would love to get into LECOM or PCOM, but realistically I would go anywhere

decent extracurricular: (hurricane relief vol. in MS, work as an EMT, NCAA DIII athlete (XC), orgo lab TA, honors program, NPR essayist, service learning teaching (science) project at local elementary school, annual science competition judge, and a couple other miss. volunteer things)

I go to a catholic undergrad institute, and I was reading how Marian is an affiliated catholic institute as well, does this give me an in or no?

If any of the mods feel like this should go into the "Official Underdog" thread by all means please move it!
25+ and you are good to go...

Members don't see this ad :)
How are you studying for the MCAT? how long have you been studying?

If you have been putting a ton of time in and still can't break a mid 20's, imagine what boards are going to be like for you. You still have time to put the extra effort in and score in the high 20's. Do that and you should have a decent cycle.

LECOM is very possible with a 24+. Even PCOM could happen, but that would be a longer shot. What saves you is the solid GPA.

i think you'll be fine. Just rock that MCAT and quit fussing.