COMLEX Chances of passing COMLEX?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anabananafofana

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I posted this in Osteopathic but thought I might get more responses here! I was hoping for some advice. I just recently took COMSAE B and received a 388. I am one week into my studying and 5 weeks from my test. The only prestudying I did was 50% of UWORLD (and annotate questions into FA) and am averaging a 62%. I naively thought this was okay but my COMSAE is saying otherwise. I did poorly on Digestion and Metabolism, Motor Alteration , Human Development, History and Physical and Biochem. Borderline on most everything else with an Acceptable in Path and a good in Micro, General Symptoms and Thermoregulation. I'm looking for what specifically these sections relate to but can't find anything really informative.

I'm only taking COMLEX, I was thinking about signing up for the USMLE but this COMSAE gutted me. Surprisingly I didn't think it was too hard, just weird sometimes and there was a lot that I haven't looked at in a long time.

My plan/materials:

FA x2- wish I had started this earlier
DIT to get through FA 1x (my school gave us this, I was planning to skip it as I heard it's a waste of time during dedicated but now I think I should do it)
UWORLD finish/do incorrects
COMBANK- Last 3 weeks
Saverses x2
Sketchy micro/pharm x1

Does anyone know if the DIT OPP videos are any good? OPP is a weak point for me, all that cramming and regurgitating is coming back to haunt me. :(

Any advice for me? Critiques (Or commiseration/encouragement?) I'm already signed up for the last test day before my rotations begin so pushing the test is unlikely. And my first rotation is reputed to be grueling. My school doesn't have a COMSAE requirement but gave us B & C to take. Should I take C? I'm getting mixed advice, 2 upperclassmen told me not to take anymore COMSAEs as they aren't really predictive but others are saying to comfortably pass (450+) before taking the COMLEX and encouraged me to also purchase A.

I'm sorry I wrote a novel, please help! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

You'll be fine. 388 with only one week of studying is good. With that said, COMSAEs are pretty ****ty predictors.

Keep doing UWorld. Keep doing FA. I wouldn't do DIT at this point. Your UWorld average is good. I think I ended up averaging in mid 70s and ended up with competitive scores on COMLEX and usmle.

I wouldn't spend more than 3 days studying saverese. OMM on the COMLEX is either ridiculously easy or ridiculously ridiculous to the point of no matter how much you studied you would have got it wrong.

You sound overwhelmed because a score (that was actually pretty good for only 1 week of studying) shocked you. Stick to the basics. First aid, UWorld, and pathoma.

Hi everyone! I posted this in Osteopathic but thought I might get more responses here! I was hoping for some advice. I just recently took COMSAE B and received a 388. I am one week into my studying and 5 weeks from my test. The only prestudying I did was 50% of UWORLD (and annotate questions into FA) and am averaging a 62%. I naively thought this was okay but my COMSAE is saying otherwise. I did poorly on Digestion and Metabolism, Motor Alteration , Human Development, History and Physical and Biochem. Borderline on most everything else with an Acceptable in Path and a good in Micro, General Symptoms and Thermoregulation. I'm looking for what specifically these sections relate to but can't find anything really informative.

I'm only taking COMLEX, I was thinking about signing up for the USMLE but this COMSAE gutted me. Surprisingly I didn't think it was too hard, just weird sometimes and there was a lot that I haven't looked at in a long time.

My plan/materials:

FA x2- wish I had started this earlier
DIT to get through FA 1x (my school gave us this, I was planning to skip it as I heard it's a waste of time during dedicated but now I think I should do it)
UWORLD finish/do incorrects
COMBANK- Last 3 weeks
Saverses x2
Sketchy micro/pharm x1

Does anyone know if the DIT OPP videos are any good? OPP is a weak point for me, all that cramming and regurgitating is coming back to haunt me. :(

Any advice for me? Critiques (Or commiseration/encouragement?) I'm already signed up for the last test day before my rotations begin so pushing the test is unlikely. And my first rotation is reputed to be grueling. My school doesn't have a COMSAE requirement but gave us B & C to take. Should I take C? I'm getting mixed advice, 2 upperclassmen told me not to take anymore COMSAEs as they aren't really predictive but others are saying to comfortably pass (450+) before taking the COMLEX and encouraged me to also purchase A.

I'm sorry I wrote a novel, please help! Thank you!

I really liked the DIT for OMM and you can do all the vids that basically hits all the high points from savarese in like ~7 hours. Obviously there's some OMM that is just memorization (autonomic a/chapmans) so you will need to spend a little time cramming that in your head but there are some decent YouTube cheat sheet ideas for some of those autonomics is a good one

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

You'll be fine. 388 with only one week of studying is good. With that said, COMSAEs are pretty ****ty predictors.

Keep doing UWorld. Keep doing FA. I wouldn't do DIT at this point. Your UWorld average is good. I think I ended up averaging in mid 70s and ended up with competitive scores on COMLEX and usmle.

I wouldn't spend more than 3 days studying saverese. OMM on the COMLEX is either ridiculously easy or ridiculously ridiculous to the point of no matter how much you studied you would have got it wrong.

You sound overwhelmed because a score (that was actually pretty good for only 1 week of studying) shocked you. Stick to the basics. First aid, UWorld, and pathoma.

You have made me feel so much better. I wish I had read this before I cancelled my USMLE date but whatever, it's done, maybe I'll reschedule after I take/pass the COMLEX.
Thanks, I've read some of your other posts and you are genuinely such a helpful person. Thank you for helping keep my sanity in check.

Members don't see this ad :)
I really liked the DIT for OMM and you can do all the vids that basically hits all the high points from savarese in like ~7 hours. Obviously there's some OMM that is just memorization (autonomic a/chapmans) so you will need to spend a little time cramming that in your head but there are some decent YouTube cheat sheet ideas for some of those autonomics is a good one

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Awesome, my friend bought it so when she activates hers I might try out a video or two. Any idea where I can get a good comprehensive chapman's point list/autonomics? I have two that are slightly different and include 1-2 levels that the other one doesn't and vice versa.

Thanks!

Awesome, my friend bought it so when she activates hers I might try out a video or two. Any idea where I can get a good comprehensive chapman's point list/autonomics? I have two that are slightly different and include 1-2 levels that the other one doesn't and vice versa.

Thanks!

Savarese has a great list of sympathetic levels, although I'm sure you thought of that already.

My favorite video on Chapman's points is here:

Thanks! I haven't opened Savarese yet but will use that. I've heard there are posterior chapman's points on the test too from a few people who took it last year.