Chances of Pharmacy School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Thydruid

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone,

Right now I'm trying to go for the 2-year prerequisites and then apply to pharmacy schools around me. I was wondering what I should do/need to do to better my chances of getting into the school of my choice. I want to apply to UNT, Tech, UT, and UT Tyler pharmacy colleges. Also, I'm studying for the PTCE right now, does this make an applicant stand out? I would only be able to work in the summer before I apply to schools, and I'll be taking A&P over the summer. Would a Tech job and A&P be able to balance themselves out or is that too much?

Cumulative GPA: 3.7
Math/Science GPA: 3.5
Volunteer Hours: 30+ at Hospital, planning on gathering more at current hospital AND another hospital where I'll also shadow clinical pharmacist, joining an organization right now to volunteer outside of the medical field.
Pharmacy Experience: NONE
Shadow Experience: HS Senior Year shadowed Retail Pharmacist. Planning on shadowing clinical pharmacist very soon.

Thanks for the response!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You have a very good chance of getting in! Even though you will most likely get in, just get pharmacy tech experience just so you know what kind of environment you'll be getting into. Good luck!
 
Yeah you're good to go. I dont think you NEED pharm tech experience. Just having any experience where you are able to speak on an aspect of pharmacy is good. I worked in an independent pharmacy as a cashier, got close to pharmacists that way. and Voila i got into the best pharm school in my state. You'll be great.

There are some good youtubers that share what they did to get in. I could give you the names a few good ones.