Chances please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2GD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I would really appreciate some feedback. I'm going to be applying for this cycle.

cGPA: 3.56, sGPA: 3.40. I have an upward GPA trend, if that helps at all.
MCAT: 36P

ECs:

2 years of neuroscience research
1.5 years of tutoring underprivileged children
1 year of hospital volunteering
50 hours of doctor shadowing
Relay for life committee for 3 years

Thanks everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I would really appreciate some feedback. I'm going to be applying for this cycle.

ECs:

Thanks everyone!

Nice MCAT. :) Good luck.

I think you will be fine. You will definitely get some interviews. Apply to all of your state schools.

Members don't see this ad :)

ECs:

Thanks everyone!
Those who applied with a 3.55/36 in past years had a 75% chance of an acceptance. Your upward grade trend, depending on how steep, should help you, especially if you have some As in upper-level Bio recently.

You should try to get some leadership in if you have any time for it, otherwise if you apply broadly I think you'll be fine.

Hey guys thanks for all of your advice/input. I have another question, how many schools do you think I should apply to?

My advising office recommends 15-20 schools, if that's any help.

Hey guys thanks for all of your advice/input. I have another question, how many schools do you think I should apply to?

Depends on how competitive you perceive yourself to be. I'd recommend 20 schools--including safeties and reach schools--even if you're at the 3.8+/38+ level to stay on the safe side.