Chances, Please?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

a1b2c3d4

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I've applied to 11 DO schools, have been rejected to two (DMU-COM and CCOM) and have yet to receive an interview invite. Based on my stats, do you think I will receive an interview invite?

cPGA: 3.83
sGPA: 3.85
MCAT: 22O (PS 8, BS 7, VR 7)

5 yrs work experience in hospital involving direct patient care
200+ hrs hospital clinical volunteer experience (including DO shadow)
Research award

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello All,

I've applied to 11 DO schools, have been rejected to two (DMU-COM and CCOM) and have yet to receive an interview invite. Based on my stats, do you think I will receive an interview invite?

Research award

Thank you.

Your GPA is stellar for DO. Your MCAT is weak... I would've applied to more schools. I've realized that any time one of your numeric stats are low, the process becomes kind of a crapshoot. You never know who will give your app a chance to go to an interview. An II isn't out of the question but that score is really going to set you back with just 11 schools.

Thanks for your input.

P.S. I checked out your blog, it's pretty neat.

Members don't see this ad :)
Tell us how you studied for the MCAT. That is your biggest (only) weakness so if you don't get in it would be the thing to focus on if you can get it up to at least a 24.

Tell us how you studied for the MCAT. That is your biggest (only) weakness so if you don't get in it would be the thing to focus on if you can get it up to at least a 24.

First, I studied with Kaplan (online course with all their material/books). After a couple months, I stopped using Kaplan because I found their material and class not very beneficial to me. So for the next 2.5 months leading up to the MCAT, I used EK exclusively.

I also purchased all of the AAMC MCAT practice exams, took them under timed conditions and reviewed my answers the day after.

Any further advice?

First, I studied with Kaplan (online course with all their material/books). After a couple months, I stopped using Kaplan because I found their material and class not very beneficial to me. So for the next 2.5 months leading up to the MCAT, I used EK exclusively.

I also purchased all of the AAMC MCAT practice exams, took them under timed conditions and reviewed my answers the day after.

Any further advice?

Mmm. I'm a bit surprised your gpa is so high with that MCAT. What were you averaging on the practice tests?
You've gotta retake. Go over to the mcat forum and do some digging. Find a good plan w/ materials you haven't used yet. If you can hit 24-25 you'll be in way better shape. Best of luck! You have no where to go but up.

My avg. test scores hovered around 25. However, for some odd reason, my VR scores went down - from 10's and 11's to 7' and 8's. I will try to find some other books besides Kaplan or EK to study from.

Any opinions about Berkeley Review MCAT books?

My avg. test scores hovered around 25. However, for some odd reason, my VR scores went down - from 10's and 11's to 7' and 8's. I will try to find some other books besides Kaplan or EK to study from.

Any opinions about Berkeley Review MCAT books?

Berkeley and Princeton are both solid I hear.

Berkeley books are good to have, though I thought that some of the questions were unnecessarily hard. On the other hand, I thought that the Kaplan books' questions were a little to easy.

Hello All,

Research award

Thank you.

Apply to the newer schools as well (ACOM, Marian, Campbell) since you have a low mcat score...