Chances/Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

perutz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
removed

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Here it goes:
BCPM: low 3.5
OA: high 3.5
MCAT: 34R
Physical Science major at a top 5 USNWR undergrad, not a URM

Tutoring for 2 yrs
Research for 2 yrs+
Hospital Volunteering for about a year, 150 hrs
Shadowing: 40 hrs
6 LOR's
Plan on an early app in by early-mid June, complete by early Aug

I'm applying to my state schools and a bunch of schools with median GPA's near mine (you can imagine). I was wondering if I have a shot at any of the schools ranked 10-40, like Cornell, GT, Pitt, Case, NorthW, Mt Sinai, ect that have higher median GPA's like 3.7-3.8? Also, I have some reason to believe that some of the LOR's (from my major advisor, research advisor) may touch on my GPA in a positive light. Thanks a lot.
Just like everyone else, you have a shot. Apply to the ones you would really love to go to and hope for the best.

Just like everyone else, you have a shot. Apply to the ones you would really love to go to and hope for the best.

Yeah. I just wanted to gauge how big of a shot to see if it was worth applying. Apps are expensive and time consuming and I want to focus my energy on schools I have a shot at.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah. I discovered MDapps recently, and low and behold, people like me (3.6/3.5/34) can still get into top25 schools. I guess I'll apply after all.

Really, you have a great shot at getting in somewhere. You missed the memo if you think your life is going to end if you don't get in a top 25 med school... Most of that stuff is self selection, the most driven get into the higher ranked med schools. Look up the surgeon who just operated on Ted Kennedy. Check out where he went to medical school....

After that, go grab a beer or something and chillax.

Oh by no means! Sorry if I came off that way. It'd be great if I could go to a top25 school (well the ones that I'm interested in at least-see above) but it's really no biggie for me if I don't get in. I just wanted to see if I should bother spending all that extra cash.