Chances/Schools

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by perutz, May 31, 2008.

1. perutz

Pre-Medical
    removed

#1 perutz, May 31, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ChubbyChaser

ChubbyChaser Yummmy

Medical Student
    Just like everyone else, you have a shot. Apply to the ones you would really love to go to and hope for the best.

4. perutz

Pre-Medical
    Yeah. I just wanted to gauge how big of a shot to see if it was worth applying. Apps are expensive and time consuming and I want to focus my energy on schools I have a shot at.

#3 perutz, Jun 2, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2008
  5. 194342

Physician

Resident [Any Field]
    Really, you have a great shot at getting in somewhere. You missed the memo if you think your life is going to end if you don't get in a top 25 med school... Most of that stuff is self selection, the most driven get into the higher ranked med schools. Look up the surgeon who just operated on Ted Kennedy. Check out where he went to medical school....

After that, go grab a beer or something and chillax.

6. perutz

Pre-Medical
    Oh by no means! Sorry if I came off that way. It'd be great if I could go to a top25 school (well the ones that I'm interested in at least-see above) but it's really no biggie for me if I don't get in. I just wanted to see if I should bother spending all that extra cash.