1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Chances/Suggestions?

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by giacalonenj, Jun 12, 2008.

1. giacalonenj

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    So, what do you think of my chances?

Stats:

Overall GPA 4.0, BCPM 4.0 (duh! haha)
    MCAT: 12P, 11V, 13B, 36Q
    Research: 2 different labs, 1 presentation
    Shadowing: ~60 hours with 3 different physicians, loads more this summer
    Volunteering- bunch of hours at Children's, Shriners Hospital, geriatric community
    Other ECs/awards- organized Relay for life team, elected junior member Phi Beta Kappa (and won endowment award for academic excellence), member of pre-med society, won three departmental awards for best in class.

Now, I go to Univ. of Cincinnati, and have early acceptance there through a program, so I don't really need back-up schools, per se. So here is my list...

Ohio State
    Case
    UChicago
    Northwestern
    Vanderbuilt
    Emory
    Harvard
    Duke
    UPenn

I know some of these may be reaches...but with one acceptance already, why not? If you have any other suggestions, please share!!

Thanks all!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. medschool10

medschool10 medschool'10

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    i will be a rising junior this fall and will begin studying for the mcat soon. however, do you guys have any suggestions on where i can strengthen my application? i am currently involved in varsity athletics, hospital volunteering, and leadership activities (Resident Advisor). I think my GPA is strong and hopefully my MCAT will be too. I am considering taking an EMT class next year but the few activities i am involved with are time consuming. however, what else should I do to make my application stronger? thanks!!!

4. MCP1

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    You look like a strong candidate..if you have the spare money, I would add some more top 20 schools...it can't really hurt