Chances/Suggestions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

giacalonenj

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, what do you think of my chances?

Stats:

Overall GPA 4.0, BCPM 4.0 (duh! haha)
MCAT: 12P, 11V, 13B, 36Q
Research: 2 different labs, 1 presentation
Shadowing: ~60 hours with 3 different physicians, loads more this summer
Volunteering- bunch of hours at Children's, Shriners Hospital, geriatric community
Other ECs/awards- organized Relay for life team, elected junior member Phi Beta Kappa (and won endowment award for academic excellence), member of pre-med society, won three departmental awards for best in class.

Now, I go to Univ. of Cincinnati, and have early acceptance there through a program, so I don't really need back-up schools, per se. So here is my list...

Ohio State
Case
UChicago
Northwestern
Vanderbuilt
Emory
Harvard
Duke
UPenn

I know some of these may be reaches...but with one acceptance already, why not? If you have any other suggestions, please share!!

Thanks all!

Members don't see this ad.

i will be a rising junior this fall and will begin studying for the mcat soon. however, do you guys have any suggestions on where i can strengthen my application? i am currently involved in varsity athletics, hospital volunteering, and leadership activities (Resident Advisor). I think my GPA is strong and hopefully my MCAT will be too. I am considering taking an EMT class next year but the few activities i am involved with are time consuming. however, what else should I do to make my application stronger? thanks!!!

You look like a strong candidate..if you have the spare money, I would add some more top 20 schools...it can't really hurt