Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Chances/Suggestions?

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by giacalonenj, Jun 12, 2008.

1. giacalonenj

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    So, what do you think of my chances?

Stats:

Overall GPA 4.0, BCPM 4.0 (duh! haha)
    MCAT: 12P, 11V, 13B, 36Q
    Research: 2 different labs, 1 presentation
    Shadowing: ~60 hours with 3 different physicians, loads more this summer
    Volunteering- bunch of hours at Children's, Shriners Hospital, geriatric community
    Other ECs/awards- organized Relay for life team, elected junior member Phi Beta Kappa (and won endowment award for academic excellence), member of pre-med society, won three departmental awards for best in class.

Now, I go to Univ. of Cincinnati, and have early acceptance there through a program, so I don't really need back-up schools, per se. So here is my list...

Ohio State
    Case
    UChicago
    Northwestern
    Vanderbuilt
    Emory
    Harvard
    Duke
    UPenn

I know some of these may be reaches...but with one acceptance already, why not? If you have any other suggestions, please share!!

Thanks all!

2. medschool10

medschool10 medschool'10

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    i will be a rising junior this fall and will begin studying for the mcat soon. however, do you guys have any suggestions on where i can strengthen my application? i am currently involved in varsity athletics, hospital volunteering, and leadership activities (Resident Advisor). I think my GPA is strong and hopefully my MCAT will be too. I am considering taking an EMT class next year but the few activities i am involved with are time consuming. however, what else should I do to make my application stronger? thanks!!!

3. MCP1

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    You look like a strong candidate..if you have the spare money, I would add some more top 20 schools...it can't really hurt