Chances/Suggestions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

giacalonenj

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, what do you think of my chances?

Stats:

Overall GPA 4.0, BCPM 4.0 (duh! haha)
MCAT: 12P, 11V, 13B, 36Q
Research: 2 different labs, 1 presentation
Shadowing: ~60 hours with 3 different physicians, loads more this summer
Volunteering- bunch of hours at Children's, Shriners Hospital, geriatric community
Other ECs/awards- organized Relay for life team, elected junior member Phi Beta Kappa (and won endowment award for academic excellence), member of pre-med society, won three departmental awards for best in class.

Now, I go to Univ. of Cincinnati, and have early acceptance there through a program, so I don't really need back-up schools, per se. So here is my list...

Ohio State
Case
UChicago
Northwestern
Vanderbuilt
Emory
Harvard
Duke
UPenn

I know some of these may be reaches...but with one acceptance already, why not? If you have any other suggestions, please share!!

Thanks all!
 
i will be a rising junior this fall and will begin studying for the mcat soon. however, do you guys have any suggestions on where i can strengthen my application? i am currently involved in varsity athletics, hospital volunteering, and leadership activities (Resident Advisor). I think my GPA is strong and hopefully my MCAT will be too. I am considering taking an EMT class next year but the few activities i am involved with are time consuming. however, what else should I do to make my application stronger? thanks!!!
 
You look like a strong candidate..if you have the spare money, I would add some more top 20 schools...it can't really hurt