Chances with MCAT score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Althervi

Reaction score
Hey guys! Hope you're all doing well :)

I'm a Canadian applicant and I'd really appreciate some perspectives on my chances at Western and Queens specifically!

MCAT: 514 (127/127/128/132)
2YGPA: 3.87

Thanks in advance!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
514 is NOT a LOW MCAT.
Thanks for your reply! My apologies if I've made an error in my wording - I've written it 4 times over the past 3 years and I can definitely be a bit hard on myself lol! Do you think it will be good enough for queens/western? Thanks again!

A 514 is NOT low!!!
Thanks for your reply! Just changed my titling, sorry about that! I've been battling the MCAT for 3 years, hard to feel like I'm okay. Do you think it will be good enough for queens/western? Thanks again for your response!

Only a 132 in Psych/Soc? Time for Plan B

Reactions: 1 user
Is that your only score? If not what were your other scores? AMCAS rec that schools average multiple scores. Some do, some don’t and we really have no way of know what schools do. But all of the scores are visible to reviewers.

Is that your only score? If not what were your other scores? AMCAS rec that schools average multiple scores. Some do, some don’t and we really have no way of know what schools do. But all of the scores are visible to reviewers.
Thanks for your reply! I wrote it 4 times and got: 503, 509, 509 and then 514. Will this hurt my chances greatly? I only applied to Western and Queens!

OP is asking about Western and Queens in Ontario, Canada. You should take your queries to Premed101 since SDN is mainly American. Also, your post is useless without ECs. Tons of people in that stat range get both accepted and denied, and a 514 from a first-time test taker will obviously look better than four-retakes for similar applicants otherwise.

OP is asking about Western and Queens in Ontario, Canada. You should take your queries to Premed101 since SDN is mainly American. Also, your post is useless without ECs. Tons of people in that stat range get both accepted and denied, and a 514 from a first-time test taker will obviously look better than four-retakes for similar applicants otherwise.
Thank you for your reply! I will check premed101 out as well. I left my ECs out to see if my stats were competitive enough without them in mind - I appreciate the help :)

Fellow Canadian applicant here, but I'm applying for US and Canadian schools. Depending on where you are living, your CARS score might be below the cutoff for Western. You should be fine for Queens.

But, you might be better served on another forum, as SDN is primarily for students applying to US MD schools.