Chances!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kiddynamite914

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am currently looking into medical school and would like to come up with a list of reaches, safety's, etc.

From a BIG10 University. Rising senior majoring in Neurobiology. My undergraduate cumulative is a 3.877 and I scored a 511 on the MCAT's. I've taken tons of upper level science courses ion neurobiology, and didn't really take too many easy semesters.

I have tons of extra curricular activities. For example, i am in a student organization (serving as vice president) and we built a community center at a local city for inner city students. It's a non profit organization and we do food drives for inner city homeless citizens, organize sporting events for inner city students, and help new residents apply and practice for their citizenship tests.

Also a senior member of another non profit that organizes teach and travel programs to Turkey, India, etc. I was responsible for recruiting and later also interviewed applicants.

Assistant wrestling coach for a nearby high school and club wrestling team. During the summer's I am assigned about ten wrestlers to work closely with. Monitor diets, workout regiment, teach wrestling techniques and accompany them in summer tournaments.

2 years tutoring in an organization that teaches AP biology, chemistry, calculus, etc to high school students.

Over 450 hours of volunteering and near 90 hours shadowing an Endorcine Surgeon and a cardiologist.

In addition, I plan on applying as a disadvantaged student. I'm from a city where the average household income in 30k. I am a first generation student. The high school I attended only had 28 students out of 400 to be accepted into a 4 years university (not counting trade schools and community colleges).

I am from Pakistan so identify as Asian.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Also did 2 years of research at my universities primate research center. Research was on Ovarian Cancer. Published this spring!

I recommend these:

Duke

Hofstra

Rochester

USC/Keck

Dartmouth
U VM

Miami

George Washington

Georgetown

SLU
Albany
Rochester
Rush

Rosy Franklin
NYMC

MCW
VCU
EVMS
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Temple
Drexel
Creighton
Tulane
Loyola

Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)

Oakland-B

Any DO program. I can't recommend Touro-NY, or LUCOM, for different reasons
Your state school.

Members don't see this ad :)
What Are My Chances?

09PrNvN.png

Last edited: