What are my chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chrusb

Reaction score
White Male 23, Living in NY
3.2 undergrad, 2.9 science undergrad… biology major and anthropology minor
3.83 masters and 3.83 masters science gpa…graduated masters program top of class in a med school with MBS degree
1000 hours clinical, 800 hours caregiver, 1000 community volunteering 50 hours shadowing
strong committee letter from masters program@ med school
just got mcat results and not happy with result 497
any chance of getting in …i had already applied to several schools before i got the mcat results…disappointed but i think im just going to keep the application in and may add other do schools…will most likely retake but would like to submit to some schools since everything is already done
already applied to
NYIT Long Island
LECOM Lake Erie and elmira
Pcom South Georgia and phili
Vcom all

Members don't see this ad.

They thought I had a strong application but I haven’t contacted them since the mcat. They originally did encourage me to apply to that school but I wasn’t interested in the location at the time

Members don't see this ad :)
They thought I had a strong application but I haven’t contacted them since the mcat. They originally did encourage me to apply to that school but I wasn’t interested in the location at the time
Is there official linkage between your masters program and that MD program?

Is there official linkage between your masters program and that MD program?
No, supposedly top 10 percent get interview. i was in top 10 percent and they just asked in I would be applying there but nothing more

Your MCAT of 497 is not competitive for NYITCOM and you may be screened out at VCOM with your undergraduate GPAs.
You could receive interviews at some DO schools with your stats and I suggest adding these this week :
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
MU-COM
LUCOM
ACOM
WCU-COM
NYIT-AR
ARCOM
UIWSOM
BCOM
ICOM
KHSC-COM
Noorda-COM
Touro-Montana
RVU-Montana
BUCOM
Orlando (when it opens)
There are also several other new schools that may open in the coming year.

Reactions: 1 user
Your MCAT of 497 is not competitive for NYITCOM and you may be screened out at VCOM with your undergraduate GPAs.
You could receive interviews at some DO schools with your stats and I suggest adding these this week :
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
MU-COM
LUCOM
ACOM
WCU-COM
NYIT-AR
ARCOM
UIWSOM
BCOM
ICOM
KHSC-COM
Noorda-COM
Touro-Montana
RVU-Montana
BUCOM
Orlando (when it opens)
There are also several other new schools that may open in the coming year.
Ok thanks. I just got first interview invite at one of the schools. Thanks for being so helpful!

Reactions: 2 users