This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalschool123

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
DAT: 22 AA; 23 TS; 22 Bio; 23 GC; 26 Orgo; 22 RC; 17 QR; 22 PAT

cGPA: 3.19
sGPA: 3.17
BCP: 2.97 ):

2nd time applying. 4.0 Post-Bacc for 19 semester hours. Applied toward end of July. Any chance at all? Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I have similar stats with slightly higher DAT (23) and GPA (3.3) and got 4 interview so far! I definitely think you have a chance but I'm applying as well so I don't really know ;).

I will say at one of my interviews they said my GPA was "Fine" so your GPA might be below AVG but I think DAT makes up for it!

I have similar stats with slightly higher DAT (23) and GPA (3.3) and got 4 interview so far! I definitely think you have a chance but I'm applying as well so I don't really know ;).

I will say at one of my interviews they said my GPA was "Fine" so your GPA might be below AVG but I think DAT makes up for it!
Really, thanks! That makes me feel a little better, I am just so worried about my BCP. When did you apply? 4 interviews is awesome!

Members don't see this ad :)
Really, thanks! That makes me feel a little better, I am just so worried about my BCP. When did you apply? 4 interviews is awesome!

I think I had everything in mid-June so a bit earlier. I think the key is just to look up stats for schools and apply accordingly. I got interviews to some schools where I though I had no chance and some school where I had a good chance haven't sent an invite yet.

I think I had everything in mid-June so a bit earlier. I think the key is just to look up stats for schools and apply accordingly. I got interviews to some schools where I though I had no chance and some school where I had a good chance haven't sent an invite yet.

Yeah thats why I thought it was so hard to pick schools to apply to lol. I applied to 14 though and thought I made good educated guesses on where to apply. Do you mind me asking where you got your interviews?

Yeah thats why I thought it was so hard to pick schools to apply to lol. I applied to 14 though and thought I made good educated guesses on where to apply. Do you mind me asking where you got your interviews?

Sure, I got invited to UofL, UK, UDM, and Iowa. The Iowa one is surprising because their avg gpa is really high.

Sure, I got invited to UofL, UK, UDM, and Iowa. The Iowa one is surprising because their avg gpa is really high.

I applied to UofL and UK too so hopefully I hear from them too!

Last edited:
I also have lower GPAs and higher DATs. 3.25 sGPA and 3.14 BCP with 24 AA and 25 TS. Applied toward end of August and got 1 interview already! If the rest of your app is strong (shadowing, ECs), I'm sure you will get interviews. Keep your chin up!

Reactions: 1 user
I also have lower GPAs and higher DATs. 3.25 sGPA and 3.14 BCP with 24 AA and 25 TS. Applied toward end of August and got 1 interview already! If the rest of your app is strong (shadowing, ECs), I'm sure you will get interviews. Keep your chin up!

Wow your DAT is incredible! Thanks for the encouragement, I hope I hear soon. The waiting is killing me lol

I do research at a dental school, have a ton of shadowing hours, and have been dental assisting (I got certified summer 2016) at a free clinic for the homeless. These are pretty much my main ECs right now, upon numerous leadership opportunities during my undergrad, so I hope those are good enough!

Last edited: