Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rmcf10

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
cGPA: 3.44
sGPA: 3.31
MCAT: 501
URM: Hispanic
Languages: Spanish and English

Let me know what you think I should do for this upcoming cycle. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your stats are not competitive for MD and are below the average matriculation (3.56 GPA and 503.05 MCAT) for DO.

How many actual clinical volunteer hours do you have, or have you accumulated them only as an employee since 2017?

Do you not have any non-clinical volunteer experience with underserved communities?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Major: Biomedical Engineering
cGPA: 3.44
sGPA: 3.31
MCAT: 501
URM: Hispanic
Languages: Spanish and English
EC:
-EMT-B since 2016 and EMT-A (soon)
-Shadowed chief Trauma surgeon at UVA: ~40 hours
-Research during undergrad - no paper published unfortunately
-I've worked as a Physical therapy tech at UVA since 2017

Let me know what you think I should do for this upcoming cycle. Thanks
What community do you represent? (not all Hispanics are URM)
Stats are lethal for MD and OK for DO. But skip the coastal Touros, AZCOM and CCOM.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your stats are not competitive for MD and are below the average matriculation (3.56 GPA and 503.05 MCAT) for DO.

How many actual clinical volunteer hours do you have, or have you accumulated them only as an employee since 2017?

Do you not have any non-clinical volunteer experience with underserved communities?

I have ~100 hours of clinical volunteering at a hospital from when I was in school but it was not necessarily with underserved communities

What community do you represent? (not all Hispanics are URM)
Stats are lethal for MD and OK for DO. But skip the coastal Touros, AZCOM and CCOM.

I'm from El Salvador

I have ~100 hours of clinical volunteering at a hospital from when I was in school but it was not necessarily with underserved communities

The non-clinical volunteering is typically with underserved communities. You can volunteer at a soup kitchen or homeless shelter, as an example.

You may receive interviews at a few MD schools with your stats and I suggest these:
Eastern Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
George Washington
Georgetown
NOVA MD
Seton Hall
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Oakland Beaumont
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
St. Louis