Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Suffusion

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
:oops: I hate to make another one of these, I'm sure you guys get loads, but still:

Realistically, with a 3.6 GPA from Tulane, a math major, and just bare essential science courses (two semesters of Bio, Gen Chem, Orgo, Physics and one in Genetics) how spectacular would I need to do on the MCATS to get into any, doesn't have to be good, med school in the US?

Members don't see this ad.

Need more info.

ECs, science GPA, etc.

With a 3.6, I would say a 30+.

No ECs at all...forgot to write that, but that was the part that was bugging me. Don't know my precise science GPA but it's 3.6-3.5ish too.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd say an MCAT of 31 (depending on the state you live in), and you'd pass automatic cutoffs at the less-selective med schools. Then they evaluate the rest of your application, where they'll expect to see leadership, community service, and clinical experience (1.5 years is average). Research is also desirable, but not required, however, more schools will consider you if you have it.

agreed with everyone else.

a comment:
not to give u a false sense of security: but math majors statiscally do well on MCAT. that does not mean u donot have to put in >4 months of study. I am a math major myself. yey to math majors. plus data from MSAR shows that <5% of applicants are math majors, so u are slightly(very very very slightly) "unique"

:highfive:

on other note: get ECs, and get clinicals