Change NPI information?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anbuitachi

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how to change NPI address information? When i google my NPI, i can see all my personal information like home address, cell phone #. it's because when i filled out the forms when graduating medical school, our school told us to put our personal cellphone and permanent address... and now my address/phone # is all over the net with 1 google. does anyone know how to take that off? There are many different sites with NPI information, and they all have that information so I figure they must be extracting data from some central database...? But i dont know how to get there to change

Members don't see this ad.

After you change it officially with the NPI, many sites eventually update and fix it. Some sites won't until you follow their specific protocol for changing information. I remember having to contact maybe 3 sites to get my contact info changed.

Edit: if you're asking how to change the info with your NPI itself, I just googled that question and the first link was to the nppes website where you can do that.

Anyone know how to change NPI address information? When i google my NPI, i can see all my personal information like home address, cell phone #. it's because when i filled out the forms when graduating medical school, our school told us to put our personal cellphone and permanent address... and now my address/phone # is all over the net with 1 google. does anyone know how to take that off? There are many different sites with NPI information, and they all have that information so I figure they must be extracting data from some central database...? But i dont know how to get there to change

The sites auto update. Once you update your NPI information, it will gradually be updated on the other websites.

You cannot change the NPI itself -that stays with you for life. NPPES or something like that is where you can go to to update the address, etc. IF still in residency you need to do it yourself, otherwise you can have your employer do it.

You cannot change the NPI itself -that stays with you for life. NPPES or something like that is where you can go to to update the address, etc. IF still in residency you need to do it yourself, otherwise you can have your employer do it.

Yea just went to NPPES website and couldn't change the address that i wanted to change cause it was listed as employer address for some reason..

My NPI lists the address and phone number where I did my medical school rotations. There's no way anybody will be able to contact me at that number.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yea just went to NPPES website and couldn't change the address that i wanted to change cause it was listed as employer address for some reason..

I don’t know the number off the top of my head, but there is a customer service line. I had to change info on my NPI and the website is super confusing. The guy on the phone walked me through it. If you PM me, I think I have the number saved somewhere at work and can message it to you later this week.

I don’t know the number off the top of my head, but there is a customer service line. I had to change info on my NPI and the website is super confusing. The guy on the phone walked me through it. If you PM me, I think I have the number saved somewhere at work and can message it to you later this week.

PMed. thanks!

Sorry for coming into someone else’s thread but I have a related question.

I recently changed my full name and would like to update it for my NPI. Can it be done online? From the other replies above, it appears that one may need to call the customer service?

Sorry for coming into someone else’s thread but I have a related question.

I recently changed my full name and would like to update it for my NPI. Can it be done online? From the other replies above, it appears that one may need to call the customer service?

You can update some of the information online (I've had no problems updating my taxonomy as I move through training, my addresses, phone numbers, etc, online). I"m not sure if your name is one of them. Worth trying, though.