Changes coming to COMLEX Level 1 and 2-CE too!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrStephenStrange

Neurology PGY-2
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
"The NBOME Board of Directors approved plans to shorten COMLEX-USA Level 2-CE from 400 to 352 test items, beginning June 2020... This change should also reduce some of the stress associated with the time-pressured environment... Similar changes have been approved for COMLEX-USA Level 1 beginning May 2021."

AND

"Our Board of Directors has approved the continued use of pass-fail only for the COMLEX-USA Level 2-PE clinical skills exam, and recommended further study related to the use of pass-fail as well as numerical scoring for COMLEX-USA Level 1, Level 2-CE and Level 3. Further updates will be provided as early as July 2020."

Sent from my SM-G973U using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Called it! And that decreased time pressure is a welcome change.

Reactions: 1 users
"The NBOME Board of Directors approved plans to shorten COMLEX-USA Level 2-CE from 400 to 352 test items, beginning June 2020... This change should also reduce some of the stress associated with the time-pressured environment... Similar changes have been approved for COMLEX-USA Level 1 beginning May 2021."

AND

"Our Board of Directors has approved the continued use of pass-fail only for the COMLEX-USA Level 2-PE clinical skills exam, and recommended further study related to the use of pass-fail as well as numerical scoring for COMLEX-USA Level 1, Level 2-CE and Level 3. Further updates will be provided as early as July 2020."

Lol, yay? I guess less questions is good. They will still be terrible.

Comlex will go pass/fail in 2023 if I was a betting man. Not that it matters, as it already is that way for most DOs.

now can we get level 3 back to 1 day.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Lol, yay? I guess less questions is good. They will still be terrible.

Comlex will go pass/fail in 2023 if I was a betting man. Not that it matters, as it already is that way for most DOs.

I have a speed reader in my class that was complaining about the time crunch...

I still feel like NBOME is contrarian enough in nature they’ll stick to their guns, for whatever they think it’s worth lol.

AND

RIP, if only the reduced question count happened this year for Level One. Hopefully they'll at least raise the average to 550 or higher this year.

I have a speed reader in my class that was complaining about the time crunch...

I still feel like NBOME is contrarian enough in nature they’ll stick to their guns, for whatever they think it’s worth lol.
It would be the first time they did. They literally copy the NBME within 2 years all the time. They did it for level 3 going to two days, they did it for PE, and I think they will do it again for comlex going P/F. They haven’t led on anything board related at all, unless you count making their exams scores so variable year to year no one really knows how to interpret them. They did lead on that.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Hopefully it's the legal ethics questions with weird latin terms.

Reactions: 1 user
Hopefully it's the legal ethics questions with weird latin terms.
I am sure they will just cut out surgery or something like that. Legal-medical is way too important, along with bio stats to not be at least 15% of the exam.

Reactions: 3 users
RIP, if only the reduced question count happened this year for Level One. Hopefully they'll at least raise the average to 550 or higher this year.

Not likely, I took mine last summer and they didnt change anything even with our scores being 25 pts lower than last years.