Ready for COMLEX Level 1?

Started by El-Rami
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

El-Rami

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I have my COMLEX Level 1 exam in a few days, and I was wanting to get another opinion regarding my current preparedness for this exam.

Stats:
53% COMBANK (100% completed) -- I did this entire Qbank in tutor mode, purely for learning purposes and doing all questions in a system before using other resources such as First Aid. I reviewed my incorrects/guessed questions and the rationale for the correct answer/my answer for all of these questions.

COMQUEST (176-question sets; timed/random): 56%, 64%, 68%; with the 68% being 2 weeks ago

COMAT FBS Comprehensive: 210
COMSAE 107: 418 (May; right before dedicated)
COMSAE 111: 455 (2 weeks ago) ~90% finished with combank
COMSAE 110: 475 (yesterday) 100% finished with combank

I see mixed opinions regarding COMSAE. I've heard people say that 110 is much harder than 107 or 111, but I honestly felt that 110 played to my strengths a bit better whereas 111 felt very difficult to me.

I hear that COMSAEs generally underpredict COMLEX Level 1 performance, is this correct? My school insists that I am ready because they require at least a 450 on a single COMSAE and have met all of their other bench marks as far as course grades and COMBANK assessments. I am just really nervous about the exam and know that I still have weak areas (endo/repro, GI).

With my stats, am I ready to sit for my exam in a few days, or should I push it back? What should I be doing over the next day or two? Currently, I am reviewing weak subject areas in First Aid/Pathoma and reviewing high-yield OMM subjects such as cranial/chapmans/counterstrain/viscerosomatics.

Thanks.
 
Last edited:
I've seen a graph from NBOME that says ~450 on a COMSAE indicates a 99% chance of passing. Should that data be taken with a grain of salt, given that the COMSAE score reports have a disclaimer saying that they are not predictive? I've also heard that the standard deviation for Level 1 is 85, so wouldn't that imply that the 475 COMSAE is borderline?

Basically this is all with the assumption that I am only taking Level 1 once. I really don't want to fail it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've seen a graph from NBOME that says ~450 on a COMSAE indicates a 99% chance of passing. Should that data be taken with a grain of salt, given that the COMSAE score reports have a disclaimer saying that they are not predictive? I've also heard that the standard deviation for Level 1 is 85, so wouldn't that imply that the 475 COMSAE is borderline?

Basically this is all with the assumption that I am only taking Level 1 once. I really don't want to fail it.
Yep, although I don’t think this data accounts for the new Comsaes most schools administer now. For people to reference here’s the link: