Changes to the SN2ed Calendar Books?

Started by chip2dale
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chip2dale

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello guys!

I'm wondering if in the past few years there have been significant changes to the books required for the 3 month calendar by SN2ed.

Will having the 2010 Berkeley Review books put me at a disadvantage if I'm taking the MCAT in August 2013?

What about the EK 1001 or 101 books? Have these changed significantly in the past few years?

And finally, the PRH Verbal Workbook. Was there a major overhaul in the past few years? If so, when?

I am trying to get my books early (so I don't have to worry about finding good deals on them during the school year) so I can start studying right away next May.

Thanks!
 
Check the original thread again...to quote SN2ed,
Also, older content review books are usually okay, just don't go too far back (past 5 years old).

Also, so everyone knows, ANY year for the TPRH Verbal Workbook is fine. Once TPR switched to their Hyperlearning series, they haven't made significant changes to their any of their material (it's all very good material at that).

As for EK1001, you're using it purely to assess your grasp of the content; its format doesn't reflect the MCAT style, so I'd just stick with the 5 year rule at most.

No clue on EK101. It's not too difficult to find recent books though...I've bought all of them in the past month, and very rarely is a pre-2007 edition even posted!
 
Last edited:
I'd go by BerkReviewTeach's suggestions for BR books: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=852061
Overall, I'd suggest you get the most recent BR books if possible since BR actually does update them. You can resell it for a good price later on.


EK 1001: Yes, they're pretty old.

EK 101: Get the older verbal book if possible. The newer one has the same questions just less of them and the same passages.
 
Thanks SN2ed!

When you say the 1001 books are pretty old, what do you mean? I need to get the most recent edition? Or the older editions are the same?

And for the 101 Verbal book, what year is the "older" one from?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ek1001 physics is 2003, chem 2005, ochem 2006?, bio 2007? I think those are the latest versions, so that's what he meant by old. The tpr bio is the same as the hyperlearning bio mentioned in the 3 month thread, but with end of chapter passages/questions. It's one of the options for the detailed approach. look at that thread for more detail.