Changing Classes After Listing on AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WayChanger

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...

For those of us with one more year of school, remember how we had to list our anticipated classes for the next year on AMCAS? So I'm considering taking different courses now...is this something I need to update schools on, or are schools pretty understanding that the list was just tentative?

My situation is that originally I was planning to take a senior seminar and an honors seminar this coming semester for my English major. But, seminar classes have kinda harsh attendance policies, and if I go around flying for interviews, my grades would probably suffer. So I wanted to drop down and take some easier English classes where no one would miss me if I was gone. My question is, would the med schools want to be notified? I don't think it's a huge deal since I've taken all the premed prerequisites already, but on the other hand, I don't know if they would mind if I wanted to drop honors.

Members don't see this ad.

It's not a big deal. They understand that the future course work is only a rough estimate of what you'll be taking (it even says so on the application). Unless you somehow went on a tirade in your PS about taking honors English, you'll be fine ;)

Yep, like TicAL said, people change their minds about classes all the time. In fact, some secondaries have you re-list your course load, meaning that you'll be able to make corrections then. Besides, I've never had an interviewer say to me, "I see that you've signed up for theory of space travel. Tell me about your expectations for next semester."

Members don't see this ad :)
hehe you really are a WayChanger huh? :D

;)

Thanks for the replies, everyone. =)