bcat85

10+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2007
Southeast
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Quick question guys/girls: Can you change which LOR's you have assigned to a program after you submit your ERAS application? For example, if you have 4 letters assigned to a program when you submit, but one of your letter writers is really dragging their feet, can you unassign his/her letter and reassign another?

gutonc

No Meat, No Treat
Staff member
Administrator
15+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
Quick question guys/girls: Can you change which LOR's you have assigned to a program after you submit your ERAS application? For example, if you have 4 letters assigned to a program when you submit, but one of your letter writers is really dragging their feet, can you unassign his/her letter and reassign another?
Yes.

NotAProgDirector

Pastafarians Unite!
10+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
I would love to know if this works for you. In the past, you could "sort of" do this. You could inactivate the missing letter and assign another. However, if the ****y letter writer submits the letter, I would still get it. ERAS would argue that once you've assigned a letter to me, you can't "take it back".

One of the changes this year on the ERAS website is that you can only assign 4 letters to any program, and that's it. I don't know if they mean that once a letter is actually sent, then that's it, or if you assign it and it isn't uploaded, what happens.

Please post what your experience was.

About the Ads