Changing Major senior year?

Started by xBODOMx
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

xBODOMx

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm applying next may and I will have a year off, I would normally graduate in May, but if I change my major, I would graduate in the Fall 2012. Would this be a huge red flag to adcoms? I can justify the change if asked. Has anyone done this?
 
I don't think they'd care unless you were changing majors because you were failing classes. It's your undergraduate degree and it can be in anything to get into medical school. So even if you change from engineering to basket weaving as long as your GPA isn't going south it should be fine.