Changing Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jjcpenn

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I was wondering if anyone has any advice reguarding my current situation. I matched into a anes cat. 4 yr position, yet would like to transfer out(closer to home) to a CA1 position. How does someone go about this, has anyone done this before; I could use your advice. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

jjcpenn said:
Hey I was wondering if anyone has any advice reguarding my current situation. I matched into a anes cat. 4 yr position, yet would like to transfer out(closer to home) to a CA1 position. How does someone go about this, has anyone done this before; I could use your advice. Thanks

So you are looking to move closer to home? Be prepared to be asked what your reasons are, you were lucky enough to get a spot, many would gladly take your place. If something has changed, sick family member, spouse moving, your child moving away then you might find a sympathetic ear.If not, then why did you rank a program that you didnt want to go to? If you just miss your mommy and daddy, then you probably arent going to have too much luck. We all make sacrifices during residency, I see my family about 3 times per year, would have liked to see them more but thats how it goes. Good luck.