chart review, SEAK?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

1edyfirel

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever use this group? For Physicians - SEAK, Inc.

Or it is just a waste of $? I'm considering branching out into non-clinical stuff like chart reviews, etc., but don't really know how to start. Somehow I ended up on Seak's list serve years ago and I get emails from them like every 6mo, but can't figure out how legit they are and/or actually helpful.

Appreciate any insight!

Members don't see this ad.

Depends what type of chart reviews you want to do. If you want to do medical necessity/UM reviews for insurance companies, or appeal for independent review organizations you would contact them to get credentialied. If you want to do 2nd opinion chart reviews you have to be an expert in your field and would usually be invited to do that. If you want to do reviews for disability, worker's comp, etc then SEAK might be helpful (but you could also contact companies yourself).

The pay for doing this kind of work is usually less than doing clinical work (sometimes substantially so- could be as low as $50/hr for flat rate cases) and certainly less than doing expert witness work or consulting. However if you have down time in an inpatient/CL/ER/IOP/PHP/residential job that you want to fill with sporadic unpredictable work, it is somewhat interesting work to do.

Personally, I would not recommend doing a SEAK listing for this since they charge almost $500 and you might not make it back. If you want to do a SEAK listing for IMEs or expert witness work that is probably more worth it.

Reactions: 2 users