Chasing girls versus studying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Friends and partners are low yield activities.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Alright guys, relax. Women can wear whatever they want and I won't look, maybe just a little glance here and there.

@raiderette your two cents on this? Aren't some women happy with attention? Especially at a college gym?
Women are not at the gym for attention. They are there for themselves. If a woman is interested in a guy at the gym she will make the approach. Stick to places where you can focus on her eyes and have a conversation.
Or just use tinder.

Members don't see this ad :)
You could just say that she doesn't want to be hit on my guys... But judging from her outfit, she does. That's why I considered gym as a pickup location and I usually workout to de-stress and relax anyways.
The reason why I wear less clothes at the gym than I do at non-gym places is because I'm working out, which increases body heat. Less material = more sweat on skin exposure to air = quicker evaporation. That's not rocket science. In fact, it's probably something you know already if you're posting here. I stopped going to the gym because of people like you. I was making every effort to mind my own business - not looking at anyone else, obviously wearing headphones, passionately avoiding eye contact - and guys still came up and tried to talk to me anyway, which is when I decided it wasn't worth my time to go to the gym anymore.

I'd be more receptive to someone hitting on me at a funeral than hitting on me at the gym. If you think hitting on people at the gym is acceptable, maybe you should check your local obituaries...

In general, women who want to be hit on will go out of their way to look nice. In a woman's eyes, messed up hair and smelling like sweat isn't nice. In fact, most women I know would consider when they're working out to be looking their worst, and will therefore not be receptive to attention at the gym even if they're actively looking for someone to hook up with the rest of the time.

Reactions: 5 users
You catch Pokemon, you don't catch people.

That's a felony.

Reactions: 8 users
There's plenty of girls that get dolled up for the gym. Let's not do a holier than thou attitude when OP needs love, but I agree the gym is challenging to get a date at, but you have the right approach with the 2/10 is still 2.

OP, yougotta find what you want (gf,casual friends, w/e) and fine tune your approach. Tinder can actually be low yield if you want a long term gf, better to stick to girls in your classes/clubs. If you want casual, hit up bars and tinder once a week. Then follow up in a few days to get a reliable reoccurring friend. You should be able to time manage that.

Edit. You should post this in Reddit too lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
I feel like OP (and much of this thread) could use a reminder that women are actual real human beings. With our very own thoughts and motivations and desires.

the world in general could frequently use this reminder as well

Reactions: 13 users
Men are actual human beings as well? I miss the point of @TelemarketingEnigma but yes your approach to women is terrible @CommyO .. just be kind, smile, have direct eye contact, make them laugh a little.. you'll be fine. It isn't rocket science.

Okay, I take offense to being called a creep. If some girl is wearing a revealing outfit, I'm going to notice/admire. I'm not a creep, I'm a straight male.

You could just say that she doesn't want to be hit on my guys... But judging from her outfit, she does. That's why I considered gym as a pickup location and I usually workout to de-stress and relax anyways.

@raiderette Should I try gym approach on attention whoring girls? If I isolate my approaching to gym, I can focus on school better, I think.

You sound like a typical patriarchal creeper who thinks women who get hit on or harassed are asking for it because of what they wear. You need to grow up. I hope this isn't representative of your personality in the real world.

Reactions: 14 users
Keep locker room talk in the locker room boys, otherwise the facade many men rely on is ineffective.

Men are actual human beings as well? I miss the point of @TelemarketingEnigma but yes your approach to women is terrible @CommyO .. just be kind, smile, have direct eye contact, make them laugh a little.. you'll be fine. It isn't rocket science.

And I never said they weren't! The point is that much of this thread is explicitly talking about approaching women in a way that is pretty unhealthy and gross. If we were talking about men the same way, I would say the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 7 users
I feel like OP (and much of this thread) could use a reminder that women are actual real human beings. With our very own thoughts and motivations and desires.

the world in general could frequently use this reminder as well

Unfortunately, it seems like many parents aren't teaching their sons (or in some cases, even daughters, since girls are also likely to objectify each other) that women aren't just a collection of body parts waiting to be claimed.

Make a grinder account to raise the odds

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
1. It's Grindr.
2. There aren't any women on Grindr.
Screenshot_20170711-113512.png

Reactions: 8 users
Can't stop going to the gym just because of some creeps. Gotta make gains!!

The reason why I wear less clothes at the gym than I do at non-gym places is because I'm working out, which increases body heat. Less material = more sweat on skin exposure to air = quicker evaporation. That's not rocket science. In fact, it's probably something you know already if you're posting here. I stopped going to the gym because of people like you. I was making every effort to mind my own business - not looking at anyone else, obviously wearing headphones, passionately avoiding eye contact - and guys still came up and tried to talk to me anyway, which is when I decided it wasn't worth my time to go to the gym anymore.

I'd be more receptive to someone hitting on me at a funeral than hitting on me at the gym. If you think hitting on people at the gym is acceptable, maybe you should check your local obituaries...

In general, women who want to be hit on will go out of their way to look nice. In a woman's eyes, messed up hair and smelling like sweat isn't nice. In fact, most women I know would consider when they're working out to be looking their worst, and will therefore not be receptive to attention at the gym even if they're actively looking for someone to hook up with the rest of the time.

When you're in the gym, you should be focused on making mad gains, not hitting on girls.

Edit: Woah, hivemind. I didn't even see the comment above me.

After watching this thread, I see why OP is having problems with the ladies.

Keep locker room talk in the locker room boys, otherwise the facade many men rely on is ineffective.
It's okay, man, if this ruins me for medicine, the Presidency of the United States is still fair game.

You sound like a typical patriarchal creeper who thinks women who get hit on or harassed are asking for it because of what they wear. You need to grow up. I hope this isn't representative of your personality in the real world.
He said he browses bb forums, so that's where he gets this pseudo-alpha-male attitude.

Reactions: 2 users
Sorry. I guess I'll be the bad guy and say: only socially awkward people need "the game". In reality, you meet girls just like you meet other people. Jeez this is dumb. I've never had to have a game. It always came naturally. If the girl has an interest in you, you just know it. You don't need anything special to start a conversation. Make people comfortable around you. That's all it takes.

I'm gonna call it for the night. I have some psych I need to go over.
After watching this thread, I see why OP is having problems with the ladies.
Not particularly. I never said I had problems getting women. That seems like a psychological projection on your part buddy. Maybe you have problems with women? I don't know and I really don't care... Although, to be fair, I did make it sound like I do with the whole approaching thing which I suppose is reason to assume I have problems getting girls. I forgive you.

My OP is about balancing studying and girls, which I think is a very real issue as I've noticed that my friends who are good with women are typically distracted a lot of the time. That's why they don't get As while my other friend is 100% focused with a 4.0 but he is in a serious relationship I think. Most other top of the class guys are riding solo and I look up to some of those guys. Top of the class attractive girls are chased after pretty hard though which sucks major.

Also, many seem to address the supposed issue that I am objectifying women. I am not. I am making my intentions clear and seeking girls with similar intentions (no LTR, just fun). I can't say I don't expect that response from girls on here though. I'd imagine pre-med girls have higher expectations and want to be treated with respect. Or they're uptight which is not uncommon with smart girls. Don't be insulted by my honesty. I tend to be blunt sometimes.

I said previously, I like this one girl who is pre-med and studies more than me. Someone asked if she was eng, but no, she was Bio and now is Chem. It makes me want her even more since I love chem but she probably has a boyfriend.

In any case, I may just text her telling her how I feel. We don't talk a lot but just say hi and ask what we've been up to etc. Therefore, I have nothing to lose and everything to gain if she reciprocates those feelings. I would 10/10 gf the hell out of her and other girls who I'm attracted to and are smart/motivated.

For added context guys; I don't have a lot of friends and that is by choice. I like the isolationism lifestyle or research lifestyle, if you will. I am routine based and I would consider myself OCPD or have OCD tendencies. That, or I just don't care much for others anymore. I tried making friends my first 2 years of UG. I made some good ones but I don't care to make any more unless I can benefit somehow or mutually beneficial.

I gotta get back to psych studying. I think I'm a bit behind and exams in 2 hours. I've been studying chem so much because it's actually really fun learning ochem.

I'd imagine pre-med girls have higher expectations and want to be treated with respect.

this has nothing to do with being premed and everything to do with being an actual real life human being.

Reactions: 6 users
I'm gonna call it for the night. I have some psych I need to go over.

Not particularly. I never said I had problems getting women. That seems like a psychological projection on your part buddy. Maybe you have problems with women? I don't know and I really don't care... Although, to be fair, I did make it sound like I do with the whole approaching thing which I suppose is reason to assume I have problems getting girls. I forgive you.

My OP is about balancing studying and girls, which I think is a very real issue as I've noticed that my friends who are good with women are typically distracted a lot of the time. That's why they don't get As while my other friend is 100% focused with a 4.0 but he is in a serious relationship I think. Most other top of the class guys are riding solo and I look up to some of those guys. Top of the class attractive girls are chased after pretty hard though which sucks major.

Also, many seem to address the supposed issue that I am objectifying women. I am not. I am making my intentions clear and seeking girls with similar intentions (no LTR, just fun). I can't say I don't expect that response from girls on here though. I'd imagine pre-med girls have higher expectations and want to be treated with respect. Or they're uptight which is not uncommon with smart girls. Don't be insulted by my honesty. I tend to be blunt sometimes.

I said previously, I like this one girl who is pre-med and studies more than me. Someone asked if she was eng, but no, she was Bio and now is Chem. It makes me want her even more since I love chem but she probably has a boyfriend.

In any case, I may just text her telling her how I feel. We don't talk a lot but just say hi and ask what we've been up to etc. Therefore, I have nothing to lose and everything to gain if she reciprocates those feelings. I would 10/10 gf the hell out of her and other girls who I'm attracted to and are smart/motivated.

For added context guys; I don't have a lot of friends and that is by choice. I like the isolationism lifestyle or research lifestyle, if you will. I am routine based and I would consider myself OCPD or have OCD tendencies. That, or I just don't care much for others anymore. I tried making friends my first 2 years of UG. I made some good ones but I don't care to make any more unless I can benefit somehow or mutually beneficial.

I gotta get back to psych studying. I think I'm a bit behind and exams in 2 hours. I've been studying chem so much because it's actually really fun learning ochem.

I'm actually a female and have been happily married for 10 years. If I met someone who was acting along the lines as what you have said in this thread, I'd be creeped out. I can only assume you are using your anonymity to say things you'd never say or do in real life.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

OP, have you ever considered finding yourself a waifu? It sounds like something 2D is more your speed.

Reactions: 4 users
this has nothing to do with being premed and everything to do with being an actual real life human being.
Duh, it's obvious OP isn't human. Just a lizard person trying to human.
OP, have you ever considered finding yourself a waifu? It sounds like something 2D is more your speed.
You underestimate how hard it is to melt tsundere-chan's heart.

Reactions: 2 users
I wouldn't say I'm a sociopath. I used to be fairly extroverted and don't have trouble making friends if I need to. If anything, I follow in the philosophies of Freud and like to observe human nature and attraction and find myself contemplating why people do the things they do. Sex and aggression is at the core, the basis of human existence. Additionally, upon googling, I don't identify with the reckless behaviors associated with a sociopath. Everything I do has a purpose or goal and is meticulous.

@DBC03 If you're actually telling the truth, then congrats on 10 years, I suppose. I'm guessing your husband was one of the few boyfriends you had? I say this because, most men want sex and if a man doesn't desire sex in the conscious, the feeling is repressed in the unconscious or is dealt with using an ego-defense mechanism. Usually women figure that out and use it to their advantage at a pubescent age.

Some of you have mentioned terms associated with anime, upon googling. I don't see the point in watching cartoons. I watch organic chemistry videos in my spare time or read philosophy from some of the greats. I also like cars and working out.

I wouldn't say I'm a sociopath. I used to be fairly extroverted and don't have trouble making friends if I need to. If anything, I follow in the philosophies of Freud and like to observe human nature and attraction and find myself contemplating why people do the things they do. Sex and aggression is at the core, the basis of human existence. Additionally, upon googling, I don't identify with the reckless behaviors associated with a sociopath. Everything I do has a purpose or goal and is meticulous.

@DBC03 If you're actually telling the truth, then congrats on 10 years, I suppose. I'm guessing your husband was one of the few boyfriends you had? I say this because, most men want sex and if a man doesn't desire sex in the conscious, the feeling is repressed in the unconscious or is dealt with using an ego-defense mechanism. Usually women figure that out and use it to their advantage at a pubescent age.

Some of you have mentioned terms associated with anime, upon googling. I don't see the point in watching cartoons. I watch organic chemistry videos in my spare time or read philosophy from some of the greats. I also like cars and working out.
Is this a troll? I haven't read the whole thread, but this must be a troll. People aren't really like this, are they?

Is this a troll? I haven't read the whole thread, but this must be a troll. People aren't really like this, are they?
I hope they are, actually. Gives me a better chance of acing my interviews if other people who land med school interviews display this sort of behavior during the interview.

I hope they are, actually. Gives me a better chance of acing my interviews if other people who land med school interviews display this sort of behavior during the interview.
Praise be to the curve.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm actually fairly decent in manipulating my emotions to societal standards when I want to and haven't had significant issues interviewing yet. I generally know the right thing to say and win over people relatively easily. Usually I don't care to be liked by people unless it's beneficial. I'm sure everyone is the same more or less as to succeed in society these days, you can't simply be yourself.

Don't take this as I'm not passionate about my goals. I do anything in my power to achieve them.

@Endoxifen It seems you didn't even read the first line of OP. Let alone the entire thread.

lol, I remember my first psych class

Reactions: 3 users
I'm actually fairly decent in manipulating my emotions to societal standards when I want to and haven't had significant issues interviewing yet. I generally know the right thing to say and win over people relatively easily. Usually I don't care to be liked by people unless it's beneficial. I'm sure everyone is the same more or less as to succeed in society these days, you can't simply be yourself.

Don't take this as I'm not passionate about my goals. I do anything in my power to achieve them.

@Endoxifen It seems you didn't even read the first line of OP. Let alone the entire thread.
I too took existentialism during freshman year.

Mods, can we please get this thread moved to the social thread. @gyngyn

I'm a double major Psy and Bio. My fifth psych class so far
Your fifth psych class and you had to google sociopath symptoms and ask the internet how to approach women? Perhaps you can request a refund?

Your fifth psych class and you had to google sociopath symptoms and ask the internet how to approach women? Perhaps you can request a refund?
I take my psych classes with hard sciences so I tend to not retain a lot of detail

Praise be to the curve.
Praise be? Handmaid's tale reference?

Which in the context of this thread, is strangely appropriate.

Also, is HAVEN online coursework a part of matriculation at your schools? I'm addressing everyone in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.