Cheap schools if you are going on HSCP and also have a decent OOS acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm confused. What exactly is your question?

Reactions: 1 users
I was trying to figure out schools that are cheap in tuition to go to. I will be going on HSCP so my tuition will not be paid for. I was also trying to find out schools that have a HIGH OOS acceptance. I know there are some schools that don't accept any OOS residents so, I was just trying to get some information. I know I could probably find this information myself but, that is what this site is for is it not?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was trying to figure out schools that are cheap in tuition to go to. I will be going on HSCP so my tuition will not be paid for. I was also trying to find out schools that have a HIGH OOS acceptance. I know there are some schools that don't accept any OOS residents so, I was just trying to get some information. I know I could probably find this information myself but, that is what this site is for is it not?

state school and private school that has high living cost(i.e NYC)

I was trying to figure out schools that are cheap in tuition to go to.
No such thing.

I was also trying to find out schools that have a HIGH OOS acceptance.
Some state schools accept more OOS students than others, but none of them have a high OOS acceptance rate. You must be thinking about private institutions?

To be honest, I'm not sure how it would be financially viable to join the Naval Dental Corps without receiving the full scholarship these days. From what I understand, you want to be making good money in private practice ASAP in order to pay down $300k+ of student debt. Someone else on SDN will be more knowledgable than me on this topic though.

state school and private school that has high living cost(i.e NYC)

^couldn't have said it better myself.

Private school with high living cost is a good strategy because, under HSCP, you are considered active duty while in school, and you get tax-free basic allowance for housing and that depends on your school's zip code. In an area with a high cost of living, that could be $3-4,000 USD that is tax-free, every month. You can live on a little bit and throw the remaining extra part towards your tuition, along with your HSCP base pay.

Reactions: 1 user
Also consider going career. This is especially true if you go somewhere expensive.
If you get in somewhere expensive, your loans will not matter because of IBR/PAYE. Assuming PSLF is still an option at that point, your loans will be forgiven 10 years after you finish school. So the difference between 300K or 400K is zero to you, because it will likely not affect your payment. From there, you have 6 years to go and you retire. It's actually a fantastic deal when you consider the amount of money you make in school, health coverage, 4 years less in the military, and a forgiven dental school debt with no tax liability. Plus if you go to a state school, you will likely get in-state tuition no matter where you go. IS vs OOS for admission and for tuition is different.
While in service, your loan liability will be even less because of the pay system. And if you make smart financial choices like maxing out your TSP, your loan liability will be even less because your taxable income is lower.

My question is, have you already been selected for HSCP? But you haven't applied to dental school yet? How does that work? Are you prior service?

Also consider going career. This is especially true if you go somewhere expensive.
If you get in somewhere expensive, your loans will not matter because of IBR/PAYE. Assuming PSLF is still an option at that point, your loans will be forgiven 10 years after you finish school. So the difference between 300K or 400K is zero to you, because it will likely not affect your payment. From there, you have 6 years to go and you retire. It's actually a fantastic deal when you consider the amount of money you make in school, health coverage, 4 years less in the military, and a forgiven dental school debt with no tax liability. Plus if you go to a state school, you will likely get in-state tuition no matter where you go. IS vs OOS for admission and for tuition is different.
While in service, your loan liability will be even less because of the pay system. And if you make smart financial choices like maxing out your TSP, your loan liability will be even less because your taxable income is lower.

My question is, have you already been selected for HSCP? But you haven't applied to dental school yet? How does that work? Are you prior service?
so to answer your question.. I am already in the service I am a dental assistant in the Navy.. already been in 8 years so it just makes sense to do HSCP.. I am just hesitant to choose it because of the high cost of payback that I will have to face.. I haven't been selected yet.. I wont be applying till I leave my duty station (mid 18 but I will have my bachelors before then).. it's hard to take the pre-reqs when you have a full time job especially in the military so many obligations.. so I have to find time to take the pre-reqs at night.. so it will take me a lot longer than the avg. student.. I am just trying to find some more information so I am prepared.. I do work with a bunch of military dentists already but they are busy and most of them don't even remember what needs to be done.

so to answer your question.. I am already in the service I am a dental assistant in the Navy.. already been in 8 years so it just makes sense to do HSCP.. I am just hesitant to choose it because of the high cost of payback that I will have to face.. I haven't been selected yet.. I wont be applying till I leave my duty station (mid 18 but I will have my bachelors before then).. it's hard to take the pre-reqs when you have a full time job especially in the military so many obligations.. so I have to find time to take the pre-reqs at night.. so it will take me a lot longer than the avg. student.. I am just trying to find some more information so I am prepared.. I do work with a bunch of military dentists already but they are busy and most of them don't even remember what needs to be done.
OK that makes sense. In that case:
-Are you using TA? Have you used your GI Bill? If you have not used your GI Bill, you can use that. It does not matter what state, they will pay for all tuition and fees. It's getting in that's tough.
-Do NOT hesitate to do it because of cost. I mean it. NO HESITATION. You will have an incredible advantage. The fact that (considering PSLF is still around), TWO things will happen 10 years after you graduate: you will have your loan balance forgiven AND you can retire. Yes, that's right. You will have zero student debt plus a retirement with ~24 years of service. You need 20 years of service to retire, but you need at least 10 years as an officer to retire as one. So if you hit 20 years, but have only been out of dental school for about 6 years, you will retire as an E6, with your student debt intact; do NOT do this.
-Do NOT wait to apply at ANY point. Do not wait until you leave your current duty station. Are you saying you're going to wait until you get out? Or PCS? Because if you PCS and then apply, it might be tougher. You apply as soon as soon you are eligible because it is very difficult to line up dental school application, HSCP, and your conditional release from Active Duty.
-Yes, I understand it's tough to get prereqs done while on AD. It is NOT impossible though. I did it. You gotta hustle and do everything you need to do in order to get them done. That means weekends spent studying, taking classes at night, studying your tail off. Focus on taking ONLY your science prereqs at night because those are the most important. Do not waste time getting your general education or humanities credits at the school. Technically, you don't need a bachelor's degree to apply to some schools, you need only 90 credits including your prereqs. The remainder of classes you can take online. If you can, avoid taking science classes online. They are accepted by some schools, but will restrict you.
-Familiarize yourself with the HSCP process. It's going to be a huge pain. You're going to have to go to a recruiter and join the Navy. Lol yep, you read that right. You are going to have to start from scratch, to include your physical (thankfully you don't have to go to MEPS again, you can do it with your PCM). They will actually use your military medical records to determine if you're eligible to join the military. You will need to provide your birth certificate, social security card, etc. It does not matter that you are already on AD; it's the most ridiculous thing.
-Have a backup plan because HSCP is not guaranteed. It is competitive and you will be competing with plenty of people. Being AD gives an advantage, but not a guarantee. The most important part is getting into, and being able to go to dental school.

Ok, so those are some tips to get you started. Don't get discouraged, what you are doing is incredibly difficult. It's not impossible though, and it will all be worth it. You are setting yourself up for the rest of your life right now. Make sure to get the best possible grades. While at work, see if the dentists can teach you things to learn some hand skills. Practice indirect vision. Besides doing well in your classwork, use the dental setting to your advantage to learn now. Really watch them as they insert those restorations, ask them for tips and tricks on how they do things. Find a dentist mentor, not some fellow Corpsman that was assigned to you by tue command that doesn't understand or appreciate what you're doing. Your major challenge for a while will be balancing everything, but your job is a huge plus where you can really learn alot.
Good luck and let me know if you have any more questions, I'm happy to help if I can.

Reactions: 2 users
The fact that (considering PSLF is still around), TWO things will happen 10 years after you graduate: you will have your loan balance forgiven AND you can retire
Our president-elect has officially stated that he wants to get rid of PSLF. And there is good reason to believe that Congress will actually make this happen. At the time it was first implemented, federal lawmakers had no idea how greedy dental and medical schools could get, driving up our debt beyond their imagination. People outside the profession are appalled by the system, and they have no sympathy/understanding for dentists.

I would NOT count on PSLF at all. There is no contract that obliges the government to forgive your loans in the future. You could put in 119 months of public service, and the government could still decide not to forgive your loans. You'd be ruined...you'd never be able to retire at any age.

Our president-elect has officially stated that he wants to get rid of PSLF. And there is good reason to believe that Congress will actually make this happen. At the time it was first implemented, federal lawmakers had no idea how greedy dental and medical schools could get, driving up our debt beyond their imagination. People outside the profession are appalled by the system, and they have no sympathy/understanding for dentists.

I would NOT count on PSLF at all. There is no contract that obliges the government to forgive your loans in the future. You could put in 119 months of public service, and the government could still decide not to forgive your loans. You'd be ruined...you'd never be able to retire at any age.
Yes, this always a possibility.
I'm not making any judgement on policy or administration here, but if I were to take a guess there would be some sort of grandfather system. I would guess that by removing any sort of incentive like this, the mass exodus form public service would be significant.
An example would be the military retirement system. It is also federal, and the system in place is a huge reason for retention. It has been changed. But those who were a part of the military when the old system was in place are grandfathered in. Those who join during a certain window of time have a choice between the options, and those who join after the window closes will be subject to the new system. I would think that a similar transition would be in place for PSLF if its removal is approved.
Again, no predictions or judgements; just my thoughts.

-Are you using TA? Have you used your GI Bill? If you have not used your GI Bill, you can use that. It does not matter what state, they will pay for all tuition and fees. It's getting in that's tough.
-Do NOT hesitate to do it because of cost. I mean it. NO HESITATION. You will have an incredible advantage. The fact that (considering PSLF is still around), TWO things will happen 10 years after you graduate: you will have your loan balance forgiven AND you can retire. Yes, that's right. You will have zero student debt plus a retirement with ~24 years of service. You need 20 years of service to retire, but you need at least 10 years as an officer to retire as one. So if you hit 20 years, but have only been out of dental school for about 6 years, you will retire as an E6, with your student debt intact; do NOT do this.
-Do NOT wait to apply at ANY point. Do not wait until you leave your current duty station. Are you saying you're going to wait until you get out? Or PCS? Because if you PCS and then apply, it might be tougher. You apply as soon as soon you are eligible because it is very difficult to line up dental school application, HSCP, and your conditional release from Active Duty.
-Yes, I understand it's tough to get prereqs done while on AD. It is NOT impossible though. I did it. You gotta hustle and do everything you need to do in order to get them done. That means weekends spent studying, taking classes at night, studying your tail off. Focus on taking ONLY your science prereqs at night because those are the most important. Do not waste time getting your general education or humanities credits at the school. Technically, you don't need a bachelor's degree to apply to some schools, you need only 90 credits including your prereqs. The remainder of classes you can take online. If you can, avoid taking science classes online. They are accepted by some schools, but will restrict you.
-Familiarize yourself with the HSCP process. It's going to be a huge pain. You're going to have to go to a recruiter and join the Navy. Lol yep, you read that right. You are going to have to start from scratch, to include your physical (thankfully you don't have to go to MEPS again, you can do it with your PCM). They will actually use your military medical records to determine if you're eligible to join the military. You will need to provide your birth certificate, social security card, etc. It does not matter that you are already on AD; it's the most ridiculous thing.
-Have a backup plan because HSCP is not guaranteed. It is competitive and you will be competing with plenty of people. Being AD gives an advantage, but not a guarantee. The most important part is getting into, and being able to go to dental school.

Ok, so those are some tips to get you started. Don't get discouraged, what you are doing is incredibly difficult. It's not impossible though, and it will all be worth it. You are setting yourself up for the rest of your life right now. Make sure to get the best possible grades. While at work, see if the dentists can teach you things to learn some hand skills. Practice indirect vision. Besides doing well in your classwork, use the dental setting to your advantage to learn now. Really watch them as they insert those restorations, ask them for tips and tricks on how they do things. Find a dentist mentor, not some fellow Corpsman that was assigned to you by tue command that doesn't understand or appreciate what you're doing. Your major challenge for a while will be balancing everything, but your job is a huge plus where you can really learn alot.
Good luck and let me know if you have any more questions, I'm happy to help if I can.
1. Yes, I am currently using TA since it is only 4k per fiscal year which sucks I can only take so much classes that will be covered by the Military. The rest I will have to pay out of pocket. I found out that using the GI bill is not worth it cause my classes aren't as expensive so I would be wasting my GI bill money. Getting in is the biggest thing.. I have heard from numerous people that having a military background especially being a DA in the navy is a HUGE advantage.
2. well the whole retirement thing now in the navy is changing they are doing a blended retirement I don't know too much about it. I know for a fact that if you have been in <12 yrs you are grandfathered into the system if not I believe there are 2 options to choose from... not sure what they are at this point.. ill have to do some research. **So if you hit 20 years, but have only been out of dental school for about 6 years, you will retire as an E6, with your student debt intact; do NOT do this.*** <---- clarify this statement..
3. Well I leave my duty station to PCS.. I am trying to find some other options maybe my CO will let me extend another year to apply to DS idk.. but if that doesn't happen then at that point its out of my hands and then I will have to change around the school I want to go to.. which at this point I could careless where I go I just WANT to get into somewhere.. I still haven't even taken chemistry yet... so I still have quite a few to go... the list goes on... I am about 52 credits away from my BS but after about march i will have about 37 credits left (i know LONG way to go feels like it) yeah the thing is I am going to have to find out timelines.. I went to an officer briefing class not too long ago.. the recruiters gave a presentation on all the officer programs including HSCP, and HPSP.. class wasn't really long enough but i have their contact info.. so I can email them and find the info out.
4. I am trying really hard to knock out all my pre-reqs.. I haven't had much of a life for a while.. weekends have been sacrificed.. really my life is WORK, SCHOOL, STUDY.. that's pretty much it.. and I am SOOO ready to have a break from the military.. i NEED IT! so far I have taken all of my science classes in class... i am avoiding taking any sciences online cause I know how much that hurts.. but if I have to I will have a good reason if they ask during the interviews.
5. That process does sound pretty ridiculous..
6. I am not sure about HSCP... i was just reading everyone else's response with PSLF possibly being gone.. if that is the case I might be going with HPSP.. I got a little bit of details from the recruiters..

Thanks for all the advice I really appreciate it! I will keep you in mind when I have questions! Are you already in DS? I have learned a lot being a chair side assistant.. I can honestly say that I have seen and assisted in mostly everything except for PERIO...

1. Yes, I am currently using TA since it is only 4k per fiscal year which sucks I can only take so much classes that will be covered by the Military. The rest I will have to pay out of pocket. I found out that using the GI bill is not worth it cause my classes aren't as expensive so I would be wasting my GI bill money. Getting in is the biggest thing.. I have heard from numerous people that having a military background especially being a DA in the navy is a HUGE advantage.
2. well the whole retirement thing now in the navy is changing they are doing a blended retirement I don't know too much about it. I know for a fact that if you have been in <12 yrs you are grandfathered into the system if not I believe there are 2 options to choose from... not sure what they are at this point.. ill have to do some research. **So if you hit 20 years, but have only been out of dental school for about 6 years, you will retire as an E6, with your student debt intact; do NOT do this.*** <---- clarify this statement..
3. Well I leave my duty station to PCS.. I am trying to find some other options maybe my CO will let me extend another year to apply to DS idk.. but if that doesn't happen then at that point its out of my hands and then I will have to change around the school I want to go to.. which at this point I could careless where I go I just WANT to get into somewhere.. I still haven't even taken chemistry yet... so I still have quite a few to go... the list goes on... I am about 52 credits away from my BS but after about march i will have about 37 credits left (i know LONG way to go feels like it) yeah the thing is I am going to have to find out timelines.. I went to an officer briefing class not too long ago.. the recruiters gave a presentation on all the officer programs including HSCP, and HPSP.. class wasn't really long enough but i have their contact info.. so I can email them and find the info out.
4. I am trying really hard to knock out all my pre-reqs.. I haven't had much of a life for a while.. weekends have been sacrificed.. really my life is WORK, SCHOOL, STUDY.. that's pretty much it.. and I am SOOO ready to have a break from the military.. i NEED IT! so far I have taken all of my science classes in class... i am avoiding taking any sciences online cause I know how much that hurts.. but if I have to I will have a good reason if they ask during the interviews.
6. I am not sure about HSCP... i was just reading everyone else's response with PSLF possibly being gone.. if that is the case I might be going with HPSP.. I got a little bit of details from the recruiters..

Thanks for all the advice I really appreciate it! I will keep you in mind when I have questions! Are you already in DS? I have learned a lot being a chair side assistant.. I can honestly say that I have seen and assisted in mostly everything except for PERIO...

Look at you two squids sharing knowledge and helping each other out. The Navy camaraderie is real. I'm kind of jealous, to be honest. Keep it up.

Sorry for the late response.

1. It's good that you have all your GI Bill, that will be a HUGE advantage to you. Even under HSCP, it will help because it will pay the full cost for a state school, or $22K towards a private school. You will not receive the MHA though because you'll be receiving BAH; you cannot double-digit.
2. You will be grandfathered into the current retirement system, so I wouldn't worry about that. As far as your Time In Service, you will hit 20 years a few years out of dental school. This means that you will be eligible to retire. However, you need at least 10 years of service as an officer to retire as an officer. So let's say you go to dental school with 10YOS, add 4 years for school, 6 years later you're at 20. You will be eligible to retire, but you've only been commissioned for 6 years. So you will retire at your highest enlisted paygrade. You need those last 4 years so you can get the officer retirement pay. Those 4 years will make a huge difference in your monthly check.
3. Do not PCS when applying to dental school. You will not have to change around the schools you apply to, no matter what. The reason is because you may not get HSCP, but you will still need to go to school. You cannot let that acceptance slip through your fingers. If you PCS, your new CO may not let you apply. They need to approve a conditional release from Active Duty for you. If you are not accepted to a scholarship, you should still go to school and apply for the 3 year. If not, go to school and use your GI Bill. If you do not get the scholarship, you will need to apply for an early release from Active Duty to attend school. If you PCS, the CO will disapprove it because that means your billet will be gapped the entire tour. I cannot think of a CO who would be willing to do this. And I could be wrong, but it's possible that your billet may be gapped if you go HSCP as well. I'm not 100% on this one though, so don't quote me. This is why it would be best if you extend your PRD to match your EAOS. Even if you get out before you go to school, that's ok, so don't worry about it. It's the same process to get HSCP regardless, but you won't have to navigate your command as well. The HSCP folks I know who were prior enlisted got their scholarships after they got out. This is not like other commissioning programs in the Navy (OCS, MECP, MSC-IPP...). Dentistry is the goal, so do not be afraid to separate. You will not be a Corpsman anymore, no matter what. Plus, if you PCS you will likely have to OBLISERVE. You don't need that headache.
6. No one can predict PSLF. Either way though, your best bet is HSCP. You will have a bigger retirement check. And if you go to a state school, you will pay instate tuition from your GI Bill. Even if they do away with it, you wouldn't be eligible for it until 16 years from now, who knows what can happen then. The retirement for an O-4 with 24 years at 60% will be better than an O-4 with 20 years at 50%. That is a big difference. Take what recruiters say with a grain of salt, their job is to recruit. There is no shortage of folks that want to join, so many times they do what's in their best interest, not yours.

Ok, I hope that addressed some more. Keep the questions coming if ya got em. It's a cumbersome process that is relatively uncommon from my experience, so I'm happy to help any way I can.
Oh and BTW, I recommend after the spring semester you take the DAT. this way you can apply next summer to start in the Fall of the 2018. You do not need to be done with your degree or your prereqs, just the majority of them. It'll be rough, but I'm sure you can do it!

Meant for dshen9219

I've applied to schools and for both Navy scholarships this year. I have 11 years AD and now a half year in the reserves. I'm happy to help you with the process too. Here's my 2 cents:
Take 1-2 science courses at a time, as you have been. It took me about 2.5 years while on AD to take 4 core science classes (that's 2 subjects, 4 semesters). I'd take them either early in the morning or at night and some schools offer weekend courses. Maximize taking them at a 4 year school if able.

Start the Navy paperwork early, it's a beast and frustrating as they said above. I started the application for HSCP about 1.5 years out. I always wanted HSCP and my recruiter, whom I trust, pointed out that there's no harm to also apply for HPSP and it circulates your name ahead of the Spring HSCP board. HPSP board normally meets once per month beginning in the Fall. I have plenty more details about the specifics of applying, but the only point you need to take home about those programs right now is to apply early.

As far as your current commitment goes, don't be afraid to join the reserves for a year as you transition, that's what I've had to do. You could even get a job dental assisting as you apply, and finish classes. I wanted to stay AD and told them I'd sign a page 13 that I'll stay Navy as a dentist if they give me a shore tour to facilitate the transition. That obviously didn't work and they offered me a sea tour, so I resigned because I wouldn't have been able to apply, interview and finish class. So, get out and go to the reserves if you need to, do not take a break in service. In my opinion and based on your financial ability, even if you did 2 years in the reserves and as a dental assistant as you finish school and apply, it's still a good option.

Your plan should be to use the GI Bill for school in conjunction with HSCP. That's your long term plan. In the near term you need to knock out your science courses. I will say don't kill yourself and bite off more than you can chew with your AD work. Be realistic and take at least one course with lab each semester, to include the summer teen.

Also, make a timeline of when you want to attend school with milestones. i.e. Pre req completion and probably most importantly a timeline for the DAT. I studied for roughly 7 months while AD and taking one science class a semester. So that was a long time, most people don't study that long, but I was relearning some subjects from 15 years ago. With you having just taken pre reqs, hopefully it won't be as big of a hurdle.

So as a recap. Make a reverse timeline from when you can realistically begin dental school. Schedule and crush your pre reqs. Devise a timeline and study plan for the DAT. Figure out your military commitment game plan.

This is absolutely overwhelming when you try to think of each detail all at once, but take it one day at a time, and with a good plan, you'll execute. Each day take a step towards the end goal and you'll get there. You are set up nicely with the GI bill and your dental assisting background. I'm excited for you!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Meant for dshen9219

I've applied to schools and for both Navy scholarships this year. I have 11 years AD and now a half year in the reserves. I'm happy to help you with the process too. Here's my 2 cents:
Take 1-2 science courses at a time, as you have been. It took me about 2.5 years while on AD to take 4 core science classes (that's 2 subjects, 4 semesters). I'd take them either early in the morning or at night and some schools offer weekend courses. Maximize taking them at a 4 year school if able.

Start the Navy paperwork early, it's a beast and frustrating as they said above. I started the application for HSCP about 1.5 years out. I always wanted HSCP and my recruiter, whom I trust, pointed out that there's no harm to also apply for HPSP and it circulates your name ahead of the Spring HSCP board. HPSP board normally meets once per month beginning in the Fall. I have plenty more details about the specifics of applying, but the only point you need to take home about those programs right now is to apply early.

As far as your current commitment goes, don't be afraid to join the reserves for a year as you transition, that's what I've had to do. You could even get a job dental assisting as you apply, and finish classes. I wanted to stay AD and told them I'd sign a page 13 that I'll stay Navy as a dentist if they give me a shore tour to facilitate the transition. That obviously didn't work and they offered me a sea tour, so I resigned because I wouldn't have been able to apply, interview and finish class. So, get out and go to the reserves if you need to, do not take a break in service. In my opinion and based on your financial ability, even if you did 2 years in the reserves and as a dental assistant as you finish school and apply, it's still a good option.

Your plan should be to use the GI Bill for school in conjunction with HSCP. That's your long term plan. In the near term you need to knock out your science courses. I will say don't kill yourself and bite off more than you can chew with your AD work. Be realistic and take at least one course with lab each semester, to include the summer teen.

Also, make a timeline of when you want to attend school with milestones. i.e. Pre req completion and probably most importantly a timeline for the DAT. I studied for roughly 7 months while AD and taking one science class a semester. So that was a long time, most people don't study that long, but I was relearning some subjects from 15 years ago. With you having just taken pre reqs, hopefully it won't be as big of a hurdle.

So as a recap. Make a reverse timeline from when you can realistically begin dental school. Schedule and crush your pre reqs. Devise a timeline and study plan for the DAT. Figure out your military commitment game plan.

This is absolutely overwhelming when you try to think of each detail all at once, but take it one day at a time, and with a good plan, you'll execute. Each day take a step towards the end goal and you'll get there. You are set up nicely with the GI bill and your dental assisting background. I'm excited for you!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Excellent advice, this is solid information. Your explanation is thorough, and very well articulated. You must be an Officer ;)
In all seriousness, congratulations on taking these big steps. It's definitely a long journey, but one that will pay off in the long run. ESPECIALLY for FTRS. considering you get HSCP, by the time you graduate, do any sort of PG program, and pay your time back, you will already have over 10 years commissioned and 20 YOS, so you will be ready to retire! I'm hoping good news comes your way next week.
This is exciting for both of you! Keep working hard, it's a long road but it will all be worth it.