Cheapest Hotel downtown Chicago!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

princessd3

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Help, I am not looking to spend alot of money but I have a Northwestern interview. I need a hotel for less than $80.00 if possible. Help!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey - use priceline - I got a hotel downtown (holiday inn) for $70. I couldn't even get that rate at the hotel itself! Good luck!

princessd3 said:
Help, I am not looking to spend alot of money but I have a Northwestern interview. I need a hotel for less than $80.00 if possible. Help!!!

priceline.com is your only hope. staying in downtown chicago for under $100 even using hotels.com or one of the other discount sites is pretty unlikely. priceline might get you something though...

Otherwise, i'd recommend the Days Inn in Lincoln Park...seems to have been the cheapest when i've tried to help other interviewees find a place to stay here.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I have never done the priceline thing so I wouldn't know what to do there. I just reserved a night for $99.00. They tried to charge me $117.00 but I told them the school said it's $99.00. Really hurts to pay that kind of money. Anyone know anything cheap let me know.

princessd3 said:
Well I have never done the priceline thing so I wouldn't know what to do there. I just reserved a night for $99.00. They tried to charge me $117.00 but I told them the school said it's $99.00. Really hurts to pay that kind of money. Anyone know anything cheap let me know.

Try the Peninsula

http://chicago.peninsula.com/iflash.html

Treat yourself right. It is a drop in the bucket compared to the one hundred to two hundred thousand you'll spend on education, exams, books, licenses, applications, equipment over the next few years.

tsj said:
Try the Peninsula

http://chicago.peninsula.com/iflash.html

Treat yourself right. It is a drop in the bucket compared to the one hundred to two hundred thousand you'll spend on education, exams, books, licenses, applications, equipment over the next few years.

Lol, I got excited thinking you had something good. That is way too expensive. I am pinching pennies. This application process is costing a lot of money.

princessd3 said:
Lol, I got excited thinking you had something good. That is way too expensive. I am pinching pennies. This application process is costing a lot of money.

stay with a student host... it's free

Punisher said:
stay with a student host... it's free

Seems they have an exam coming up or something. Not a good time..

Flopotomist said:
Hey - use priceline - I got a hotel downtown (holiday inn) for $70. I couldn't even get that rate at the hotel itself! Good luck!

Yes Priceline is the best for hotels. Just make sure that you are infact going (and double check the dates before you click), because it's not refundable.

princessd3 said:

No no no check out hotwire.com also...!!!!
When you are going to chicago? I want to check out dates for you...
cya!

pass out on the picnic table in front of the weiner circle...it will be entertaining.

I've stayed in the Red Roof Inn, it's right off Michigan Avenue and it wasn't that bad of a price.

I'm also a big fan of priceline!