Cheapest international school for US citizens?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

slackerjock99

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

There aren't any schools outside of the US other than in Canada that will let you practice without jumping through the same hoops as other foreign students. Canadian schools are cheap, but insanely difficult for Canadian students to get into, much less Americans. If you're serious about going abroad for school, I suggest you visit the international forum to find out what they have to go through to get licensed in the US.

crazy_sherm said:
There aren't any schools outside of the US other than in Canada that will let you practice without jumping through the same hoops as other foreign students. Canadian schools are cheap, but insanely difficult for Canadian students to get into, much less Americans. If you're serious about going abroad for school, I suggest you visit the international forum to find out what they have to go through to get licensed in the US.

there are many eastern european schools that are cheap and are taught in english. they are usually 5 years, then you would have to do 2 more years in a USA dental school. sometimes this time doesnt equal out to save you money. i still think it would be a great experience though. check in poland, hungary, and austria...those are the best. i visited the school in poland and its in a great city called poznan. a great university town. good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
xylashellx said:
there are many eastern european schools that are cheap and are taught in english. they are usually 5 years, then you would have to do 2 more years in a USA dental school. sometimes this time doesnt equal out to save you money. i still think it would be a great experience though. check in poland, hungary, and austria...those are the best. i visited the school in poland and its in a great city called poznan. a great university town. good luck

I see that you got accepted into a couple of places. Congrats. But it seems that you really love Europa, are you going to be okay returning to the sates? Will school be worth returning? or would you rather stay in koln and attend university over there?

xylashellx said:

Yeah, but have you checked how much those 2 extra years cost in an IDS program? About 1.5 times the amount it will cost to get a DDS at the same school. Talk about a long round about and expensive way to go at it. The experience would be awesome though.

Grasshoper said:
I see that you got accepted into a couple of places. Congrats. But it seems that you really love Europa, are you going to be okay returning to the sates? Will school be worth returning? or would you rather stay in koln and attend university over there?

yes i do love europe...this is where my grandparents are from and my culture means alot to me. there will be some things dissapointing about returning but alot to look forward to. i would love to stay in köln and get FREE dental education then return but the fact is that all my family and friends are in california. i want to eventually reside in CA so thats where im going.

crazy_sherm said:
Yeah, but have you checked how much those 2 extra years cost in an IDS program? About 1.5 times the amount it will cost to get a DDS at the same school. Talk about a long round about and expensive way to go at it. The experience would be awesome though.

yah the best way would be to go to a foreign dental school right out of high school or after one year of community college then after you are done in europe, come back to do the 2 years...if you can speak some european languages dental school is FREE (like in germany).