Cheating on app

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chunkyelephant

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard stories where people get kicked out halfway through med school for lying on their application. If they lied how did they get in in the first place and why would adcoms review their apps from years back? How would the adcoms even catch if it's a lie?

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard stories where people get kicked out halfway through med school for lying on their application. If they lied how did they get in in the first place and why would adcoms review their apps from years back? How would the adcoms even catch if it's a lie?

These details seem unnecessary. Don't lie on your application. There is no point where you're "scott free" from the consequences of lying. This is less a lesson about applying to medical school and more a lesson about life itself.

Reactions: 7 users
Seriously??? They get in because the lie is not discovered during the cycle, but is uncovered later, in a variety of different ways.

Use your Google machine to discover how many high profile, famous figures, from CEOs to politicians, have been disgraced after BS in their background was uncovered years after the fact. It happens all the time, and not because adcoms are doing background checks after matriculation. The question here is, given the very high cost to get to the point of being in med school, is it worth the risk of possibly losing everything, with zero chance of ever recovering, for whatever benefit is conferred through the lie?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Some people conceal entire transcripts, fake LoRs, fake disadvantaged/URM status etc.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
From what I can tell this is not a matter of lying like oh you said you did 100 hours of community service but you really did 85, or you said you worked at the clinic over 10 months but it was really just 8 months.

It seems most are talking entirely fabricated and egregious lies here. At least from what I can tell. So don't do that or you can expect to live like a criminal with one eye looking over your shoulder forever.

Reactions: 5 users
Having said all that, these are not looking for trivial or minor discrepancies

I think this is the root of these threads/the neuroticism behind them. The potential for being kicked out as an M4 for lack of records on your glove-stocking hours from undergrad lol