Check on dec 2nd status?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dthiem20

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did a lot of schools change their status to this? Cuz most of the schools i interviewed from still says invited for interview.
What about u guys?
What schools did change their status to this?

Members don't see this ad.

The only status like that I have is for a school I didn't interview at and they sent me a rejection email.
The ones I've interviewed at either say Received/App Complete or Invited for Interview still. Seems like a lot of schools aren't updating their status with AADSAS, probably because of the holiday being so close to Dec 2, at least that's my guess. Hopefully it doesn't mean I'm waitlisted/rejected from all of them haha.

I interviewed at 6 schools so far and 3 say "check back Dec 2," 1 says "app received/under review," 1 says "invited for interview," and the other is a Texas school that isn't on AADSAS.

Members don't see this ad :)
The only status like that I have is for a school I didn't interview at and they sent me a rejection email.
The ones I've interviewed at either say Received/App Complete or Invited for Interview still. Seems like a lot of schools aren't updating their status with AADSAS, probably because of the holiday being so close to Dec 2, at least that's my guess. Hopefully it doesn't mean I'm waitlisted/rejected from all of them haha.
Haha yahh i hope so too!

I interviewed at 6 schools so far and 3 say "check back Dec 2," 1 says "app received/under review," 1 says "invited for interview," and the other is a Texas school that isn't on AADSAS.
Can u giv me the list of the schools that did change their status to dec 2'd?

Do you think any of those schools will notify us at midnight on December 2nd?

Reactions: 1 user
UK had this status change. The rest for me still say Invited for Interview or App Complete.

I read that pitt chaged their status... Is that true?

Members don't see this ad :)
I read that pitt chaged their status... Is that true?

That is true. Mine has changed to "Check back on December 2nd" as of yesterday morning, along with UConn and Columbia. I interviewed at all three in September.

Memphis and Columbia both changed for me

That is true. Mine has changed to "Check back on December 2nd" as of yesterday morning, along with UConn and Columbia. I interviewed at all three in September.
I also interviewed at Pittsburgh. My status did not change. It still says invited for interview/applicant interviewed.

Did anyone who did not interview at Creighton (but still applied) get a change in their status update?

Thanks.

Did anyone who did not interview at Creighton (but still applied) get a change in their status update?

Thanks.
I interviewed but no status change. I don't think that they will update the status until we get the email.

Thanks.
Mine changed in October from App Under Review to App Complete.

It seems that some people have app under review, some have app complete, and apparently some have check back on Dec 2nd (to my surprise, I didn't see anything like that on their thread last I looked).

Being that Creighton is unique is occasionally accepting people without an interview, I'm sure there is a lot of speculation about what each status means! Thankfully, we won't have to wait too much longer to find out!

Marquette changed to check back December 2nd

Last year this status change = an acceptance on December 3rd. Hope it's true this year as well! Good luck everyone! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Last year this status change = an acceptance on December 3rd. Hope it's true this year as well! Good luck everyone! :)

Mmmm...well, I never interviewed at UCSF (didn't submit supp either) but it says to check back on Dec 2nd for my decision...DOES THIS MEAN I GOT IN???

Not necessarily, it just means a decision has been entered into the system.

Mmmm...well, I never interviewed at UCSF (didn't submit supp either) but it says to check back on Dec 2nd for my decision...DOES THIS MEAN I GOT IN???
If sarcasm, ha. If not, no its a rejection as the supplement was due in 14 days.

nope. most likely rejection.

I had my "invited for interview" :) changed to "check back on dec 2nd" o_O which changed to "received/under review" :confused: which, after a phone call to Columbia, changed back to "invited for interview" :grumpy:.

:arghh: :yeahright: :sour: :dead:

if you have interviewed and your status is changed to "check back dec 2nd" you are most likely accepted.

I seriously hope this "check back to Dec 2" thing isn't applicable to all schools... :(

did you check the schools specific discussion thread? if someone else got the status change then this rule applies...
I am about to get a heartattack... Can't focus for finals...:eek::scared:

lol tell me about it. I found out I got waitlisted for one school so far. Thanks to SDN..
I wouldn't for sure say that lol. There's always glitches in AADSAS and you won't know for sure until Monday. It's two days away! Just because that was the case for most people that posted on here last year does not mean it was for all people. There's still tons of people that don't post on here. You very well could be accepted!

I wouldn't for sure say that lol. There's always glitches in AADSAS and you won't know for sure until Monday. It's two days away! Just because that was the case for most people that posted on here last year does not mean it was for all people. There's still tons of people that don't post on here. You very well could be accepted!

Thanks for the consolation but I have accepted my fate LOL...

Don't read into anything besides an acceptance or rejection. Don't check your email till 1230 am. Batch emails can take a while to go out

I'm not going to put a lot of concern into what the status says on aadsas until December 2nd because two out of my four interviews didn't even update my status to invited for interview at all. It's all speculation. We can all celebrate together in less than 48 hours!

I'm not going to put a lot of concern into what the status says on aadsas until December 2nd because two out of my four interviews didn't even update my status to invited for interview at all. It's all speculation. We can all celebrate together in less than 48 hours!

Or cry together in less than 48 hours :bigtears::bigtears::bigtears::bang::bang:
Anyway I'll try to stay optimistic. Best of luck guys.

the key is if someone else had his/her status changed to "check back dec 2nd" and yours still say "invited for interview" it means that a decision has NOT been made for you AKA waitlist... It is all school dependent. Look and see if anyone has a status change or not...

Also if your status changed from invited for interview to received/under review you also won't hear back dec 2nd..

Please check back dec 2nd status after an interview most likely means an acceptance. Schools rarely reject people after a predecember interview..

Last edited:
Anybody get the status change for UMich or Rutgers? I still have invited for interview.

Anybody get the status change for UMich or Rutgers? I still have invited for interview.
Mine still says invited for interview for Rutgers too. But Dr. Chaviano said at my interview that we would definitely find out Dec. 2 if we were accepted, rejected, wait listed.

Mine still says invited for interview for Rutgers too. But Dr. Chaviano said at my interview that we would definitely find out Dec. 2 if we were accepted, rejected, wait listed.
If we were wait listed I think our status would have changed to received/under review
So it would be rejection/acceptance for us

Please check back dec 2nd status after an interview most likely means an acceptance. Schools rarely reject people after a predecember interview..

That's seems to be true and something I'd like to believe, but any one of us could be that rare exception. A couple years ago, there actually was a huge uproar when a popular SDN member (Bereno) got rejected from his state school (also my state school :scared:) on December 1st, despite him feeling good about his interview and having decent stats all around.

Just for the curious, he received lots of PM's about it (more than 20), started a thread to explain why he was rejected, and doc toothache even came out and started his own thread addressing (negatively) the "why I was rejected thread".

Well, my main point is that we can never be too sure of ourselves. If any of us has learned anything from applying, it's that the application cycle is a seemingly random process that requires some luck.

If we were wait listed I think our status would have changed to received/under review
So it would be rejection/acceptance for us
Eeekk let's hope acceptance! Can't believe we are down to less than 48 hours!