Check out this aperture passing

Started by free99
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

free99

Full Member
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can someone explain where that answer comes from? I can't invision how, when passed from the top, front, or end, that shape would ever fit through that hole

Screen_shot_2013_02_28_at_3_13_17_PM.png
 
It you take a look at the top of the structure, you'll see that both planks form an X across the center of the hexagon and NOT the entire structure making answer choice C possible. Typed this during lecture so left me know if you need any clarifications.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well it is the correct shape, just overall a size smaller. Is it universally true that we always have to have the right size... Have you guys never came upon a problem where the hole is perfect shape but a bit small so isn't the right answer? I can't recall if I have, I honestly thought that sometimes the keyholes can be a bit smaller, but as long as its the right shape and not much smaller, it's the answer.