Check out this aperture passing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

free99

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone explain where that answer comes from? I can't invision how, when passed from the top, front, or end, that shape would ever fit through that hole

Screen_shot_2013_02_28_at_3_13_17_PM.png

Members don't see this ad.

It you take a look at the top of the structure, you'll see that both planks form an X across the center of the hexagon and NOT the entire structure making answer choice C possible. Typed this during lecture so left me know if you need any clarifications.

It you take a look at the top of the structure, you'll see that both planks form an X across the center of the hexagon and NOT the entire structure making answer choice C possible. Typed this during lecture so left me know if you need any clarifications.

ohhhhhh I see it now, tricky. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm guessing that for A, the whole thing needs to be enlarged. For D, the width needs to be longer.

Something like this.
1-8_zps7dbbe184.jpg

2nd!, great explanation.

Three words. Proportions Proportions. Proportions. You got to be careful.

Well it is the correct shape, just overall a size smaller. Is it universally true that we always have to have the right size... Have you guys never came upon a problem where the hole is perfect shape but a bit small so isn't the right answer? I can't recall if I have, I honestly thought that sometimes the keyholes can be a bit smaller, but as long as its the right shape and not much smaller, it's the answer.